• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Today I spread cheer and OC up the west side of the state. I have a niece getting married in Chicago tomorrow and we went up early. First stop was Thorntons on St. Joe. in E'ville. Several people noticed my G27 on my left hip. (I'm carrying the 27 this weekend so I can switch from a belt holster to ankle carry and back.) Next stop was 5/3 rd bank on St. Joe @ Illinois to deposit a check. We went up 41/67 to IN 2 then over to Valpo. On the road we stopped at a McDonalds in Sullivan. There were enough of us waiting in line that several people saw my piece. We stopped again at the truck stop at 41 and I74, the McDonalds in Kentland and finally a big truck stop at IN 2 and I65. There someone who came up to wash his hands next to me in the restroom asked me, "How's it going, sir?" I took that to mean he thought I was a LEO. Funny. All in all probably another 30 people saw an OCer today. And it is getting easier. My wife doesn't even ask me any more if I'm going to take it off or put it on my ankle before I go into a store. I just tell her, "Nope. I'm going to spread some more cheer."

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It will be so normal that you won't want to conceal it anymore.

Well, I don't know about a Glock... :D
    No kidding on this but today I even entertained the thought of going to the zoo OCing. We all know it is legal and if there are witnesses that could verify if I was approached that I was not being belligerent what could anyone do? The cops wouldn't dare try to toss me out. The only problem is my sweet wife would go ballistic, have a cow, file for divorce and probably hide under the bed. And if I did I'd carry my GLOCK!!! 21 (motto: "It's ugly but bad as Hell.") which is so big it sticks out 2 ft past my hip and drags the ground causing sparks.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    No kidding on this but today I even entertained the thought of going to the zoo OCing. We all know it is legal and if there are witnesses that could verify if I was approached that I was not being belligerent what could anyone do? The cops wouldn't dare try to toss me out. The only problem is my sweet wife would go ballistic, have a cow, file for divorce and probably hide under the bed. And if I did I'd carry my GLOCK!!! 21 (motto: "It's ugly but bad as Hell.") which is so big it sticks out 2 ft past my hip and drags the ground causing sparks.
    If I did get tossed I wonder if Guy would do a two-fer? probably not. You know how those money grubbing sharks are. He'd probably treat me as a separate case.:(

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    So, how did the wedding go?
    Like they usually do. You think you'll have time to talk to everyone you haven't seen for years but you gravitate to a table and pretty much spend most of the evening there. Very interestingly, my brother and sis-in-law came up from Evansville and he told me they had a loaded revolver in their car! We're in a far west suburb of Chi town. I told them they can't do that in Ill. I told him to unload it, put it in the console and put the ammo either in his wife's purse or in a separate place in the car. He acted surprised that he could get busted for a felony. I need to give them a real good crash course in the law.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    We just got back from our trip north. I posted all the stops on the "Where did you OC today" thread. I'll just say a good handful of people got a view of my Glock 27 again today. I hate to admit it but it feels very natural to step out of the wagon queen family truckster and just walk around in plain site. I do think a lot more about retention these days.

We are probably going to the Fall Festival tomorrow afternoon but I'm not OCing there. At this point I don't want to be in a big crowd and have a lot of hands around me. I'll still belt carry but have an untucked shirt covering it.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    No prob! Hey when did you switch from your trusty revolver? See? You ARE making strides! :D

:noway: That snide comment about revolvers just earned you a neg rep

(:D)

Just so everybody knows, this past Saturday I watched TF CC all day long. Likewise, I both OC'ed and CC'ed that same day with a E-ville Swat SGT never further then ten yards away from me. He never said a word about it- only to tell me when my cylinders were empty to load them up. Furthermore, all this happened at Redbrush.

I am so confused.

:laugh::laugh:

Keep up the good work Ortega:yesway:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    :noway: That snide comment about revolvers just earned you a neg rep

(:D)

Just so everybody knows, this past Saturday I watched TF CC all day long. Likewise, I both OC'ed and CC'ed that same day with a E-ville Swat SGT never further then ten yards away from me. He never said a word about it- only to tell me when my cylinders were empty to load them up. Furthermore, all this happened at Redbrush.

I am so confused.

:laugh::laugh:

Keep up the good work Ortega:yesway:
    Did they have little animal silhouttes for TF so he'd feel right at home:D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I didn't OC anywhere today. Since I was going to the west side around noon and it was pretty cool I threw on a light jacket. The parking lot cop (EPD) at Old National chatted me up and I saw him look at my left side. Maybe the jacked exposed the butt of my g23. He didn't say anything. I also CC'd into 5/3 bank on St. Joe and Illinois. Funny thing; I carried my g27 all weekend. When I do that I steal the loaded 13 round mag from my g23 in the safe for my extra. I picked up the 23 this morning and didn't even check and notice it didn't have a mag in. I grabbed the 13 rounder for my spare. I only had the round in the tube half the morning. I guess that would have been a quick reload except the slide wouldn't have been locked back. It kind of scares me that I wasn't more careful. I'm extra careful on safety but not on checking for the freakin' mag. Things didn't go well enough to have to fear the blue ball-o-death for sure.

Anyway, I wish someone else in Tiny Town (besides TF) would do a little OCing and get some stares.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You guys are a friggin RIOT :rolleyes:

TJ, I know how you like to bust on me for not beating you with your own Saiga but give me one of those outdated wheelguns for next month (a week or so ahead so I can practice reloads) and I'll smoke you!

Mrortega, I haven't ever seen anyone else in the 'ville OC so I guess its just you and me good buddy.

Top Bottom