• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Hmm, BBI reported an OC gun grab in another thread also. Thought that never happened, so we just made silly jokes about it? Where's ATM?

I'm always ready to discuss the statistical insignificance of OC gun grabs. :yesway:

If/when details of this particular report become available, I'll discuss that, too.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I'm always ready to discuss the statistical insignificance of OC gun grabs. :yesway:

If/when details of this particular report become available, I'll discuss that, too.

BBI reported a thwarted OC gun grab not a successful one. Big difference. ( quoted the wrong post)

It never ceases to amaze me how the gun community rails against the gun grabbers about the infringement on our rights and views and then turns around and does the same thing to the OC crowd. Seems like bull**** from people who should know better.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    BBI reported a thwarted OC gun grab not a successful one. Big difference. ( quoted the wrong post)

It never ceases to amaze me how the gun community rails against the gun grabbers about the infringement on our rights and views and then turns around and does the same thing to the OC crowd. Seems like bull**** from people who should know better.

I'm not sure I'd say the disdain is anywhere close to being similar. Lol

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I never saw it coming! Too busy on my phone. :(

Dunno if serious or not?
    One way or another, this is a very valid point. How much phone watching do OC'ers do in a public crowd?

Can we not discuss the responsibility of keeping control of one's OC'd firearm without being inferred as anti-gun?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Dunno if serious or not?
    One way or another, this is a very valid point. How much phone watching do OC'ers do in a public crowd?

Can we not discuss the responsibility of keeping control of one's OC'd firearm without being inferred as anti-gun?

Depending on where/how I'm seated, sometimes I use my camera to look behind me. Does this count? I also have an app to tap into local security cameras. :rolleyes:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

Of course we can. Then we should follow it up with the responsibility of keeping control of one's CC'd firearm.

Personally, when I OC, that firearm isn't budging unless I want it to. When I CC, this isn't true. Much more retention on my OWB holster than my IWB holster.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Personally, when I OC, that firearm isn't budging unless I want it to. When I CC, this isn't true. Much more retention on my OWB holster than my IWB holster.

Same with mine.
    Except after eating at the China Buffet, I find that with the pressure on my IWB, I'm lucky to get my hand on it let alone drawing the damn thing.

Hjarnett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Denver,in
    Here is some info on this ( Update: A lot of traffic on the scanner but I believe the suspect is in custody )
    #HotCall Strong Armed Robbery: At Hobby Lobby. Known suspect took victims gun. Hobby Lobby was not robbed. Ex BF robbed his EX GF and took her gun.. one shot was fired in the parking lot. Hopefully there's nobody laying out under a car somewhere dead

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Same with mine.
    Except after eating at the China Buffet, I find that with the pressure on my IWB, I'm lucky to get my hand on it let alone drawing the damn thing.

This is why you don't eat Chinese buffet lol

Hjarnett said:
    Here is some info on this ( Update: A lot of traffic on the scanner but I believe the suspect is in custody )
    #HotCall Strong Armed Robbery: At Hobby Lobby. Known suspect took victims gun. Hobby Lobby was not robbed. Ex BF robbed his EX GF and took her gun.. one shot was fired in the parking lot. Hopefully there's nobody laying out under a car somewhere dead

Uh oh, didn't quite unfold how people thought...shocked I tell you, shocked!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

So, it was a public display of domestic battery, not a random open carrier being disarmed by a random assailant?

And another anti-OC narrative bites the dust...

Hjarnett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Denver,in
    Yeah from the info from the kokomo scanner page on face book this was nothing more than a domestic in hobby lobby's parking lot .but what a dumb ass to fire a shot in the parking lot

Top Bottom