• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Wow....I did not know how controversial open carry really is amongst us Ingo posters. My take on it is if you want to do it then great for you and if you prefer to CC only then that is great to. Personally, I prefer to CC but that is my preference and it is for security to myself not having others know I am carrying. That is my line of thinking but many believe that they have more security by OC as a detterent and if that is your stance then have at it. Finally, in most cases I have my young son or my girlfriend and her young girls with me so it makes more sense now to not have my pistol where everyone can see it when in public or at a gathering where other children are so that someone can feel uncomfortable because of me. That is my choice but yours may be different and I hope you can respect mine like I respect yours.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Wow....I did not know how controversial open carry really is amongst us Ingo posters.

You mean every thread doesn't really turn into this?
    I guess pointing to those old threads when it crops up really has helped.

That is my choice but yours may be different and I hope you can respect mine like I respect yours.

Of course. I wish everyone could discuss the reasons without disrespecting the liberty of the individual's choice or practice.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    These are the threads I normally point to but there have been many:

Lots of topical discussion in these threads; a recent one and an older one:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/11237-why_i_open_carry.html

And here's one attempting to capture the most common threadjacks on this topic of all time:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/37307-common_oc_cc_threadjack.html

tweekie1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    My being new here I hate to comment BUT,I have seen this on many other forums. The people just have to post something to make themselves feel important. I will not post on a subject just to be smarta**. If you really don't care,do you need to tell everyone about IT.:dunno: Don't read anymore and go somewhere else. Why make your snide comments on something YOU do not care about.:noway:This is what makes people that are new to cc/oc keep there ? to themselves. Have a good day everyone.

tweekie1

and yes I do OC and I find it nice to know where it is not a problem.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    My being new here I hate to comment BUT,I have seen this on many other forums. The people just have to post something to make themselves feel important. I will not post on a subject just to be smarta**. If you really don't care,do you need to tell everyone about IT.:dunno: Don't read anymore and go somewhere else. Why make your snide comments on something YOU do not care about.:noway:This is what makes people that are new to cc/oc keep there ? to themselves. Have a good day everyone.

tweekie1

I made the original 'no one cares' comment and aren't you just a hypocritical little noob.

If you don't agree with what someone say, stop reading and move on. Wow, I get you didn't realise you could have taken your own advice.

Sod off and mind your own business...let the big boys play.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I made the original 'no one cares' comment and aren't you just a hypocritical little noob.

If you don't agree with what someone say, stop reading and move on. Wow, I get you didn't realise you could have taken your own advice.

Sod off and mind your own business...let the big boys play.

The noob said care - not agree. Be nice, noob. :p

And :welcome: other noob. :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    OK, I will cede the point that Wild Bill may not have "helped the cause" by OCing. :D

Seems concealed to me.:dunno:

the-silence-of-the-lambs-ted-levine.jpg

BTW, I WELCOME any and everyone who uses their right to OC...

If an OC'r is around I know I won't be the first target if I'm ever somewhere there's an armed robbery.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ........ personally I rather not deal with certain people. .........................

This is why so many members have stopped posting on here and a select few people have six million posts. You guys love to twist things around and then when people try to explain themselves in simple language you can understand the thread usually gets closed or posts get deleted.................. :rolleyes:

I don't believe for a moment the VAST majority of "many members" that stopped posting
    on here had anything to do with the membership on INGO.

The VAST majority that more or less left INGO were do to rules that exist on INGO that they did not agree with. They made the choice as we are all free to do.

But it had nothing to do with the membership as a whole.

I do know that a small number of members that don't do a lot of posting here
    do have a problem with the membership on this site and would just rather not deal with certain types of lesser beings.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I don't believe for a moment the VAST majority of "many members" that stopped posting
    on here had anything to do with the membership on INGO.

The VAST majority that more or less left INGO were do to rules that exist on INGO that they did not agree with. They made the choice as we are all free to do.
    And 90% of them are back on here posting.
    Except the ones that were banned.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Wow....I did not know how controversial open carry really is amongst us Ingo posters.

Sadly, it is. In the short time I've been here, I've seen, I dunno, several dozen threads erupt into fighting over Open vs. Concealed.

Both are perfectly legal in Indiana, and both have their tactical advantages and disadvantages, and both can be said to be making a statement.

As far as Open Carry goes, that statement can vary by individual.

What I say, is carry how you wish, as long as you act lawfully and respectfully - as you are representing the entire gun carrying populace when you do.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Welcome to INGO fella !!!! I agree with your comment... however, that is how it works here in INGO.... You will have to learn to skim over about 6 posts per thread to gather any viable info cause theres alot of, i guess uemployed people, whom have nothing better to do than type some snide comment on every page :dunno:
    Other than that, there is sometimes some good info on here...
    Oh & whatch out for the profanitys... some of the mods have a no tolerance standpoint :D:ingo:

tweekie1

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Welcome to INGO fella !!!! I agree with your comment... however, that is how it works here in INGO.... You will have to learn to skim over about 6 posts per thread to gather any viable info cause theres alot of, i guess uemployed people, whom have nothing better to do than type some snide comment on every page :dunno:
    Other than that, there is sometimes some good info on here...
    Oh & whatch out for the profanitys... some of the mods have a no tolerance standpoint :D:ingo:

:rolleyes::nuts::rolleyes: I'm employed. Does that mean that I'm disqualified from making "snide" comments? D'oh! Guess not! As has been suggested, if you do not like it here, then by all means leave.

Top Bottom