• ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Many folks on this board.

Heck, even those like yourself who don't really care can't resist posting, can they? :laugh:

I am more concerned about our right to carry in general than an individuals choice of how to carry.

Why not putting our collective energy and passion into ensuring that future generations of law abiding citizens will still have the right to even own guns?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I am more concerned about our right to carry in general than an individuals choice of how to carry.

Me too. It keeps me from taunting or deriding those who make a different choice than I do.

Why not putting our collective energy and passion into ensuring that future generations of law abiding citizens will still have the right to even own guns?

I do that too, in several ways. One way is attempting to expose and correct attacks that only divide us.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I was not attacking or even disagreeing with you, and I am glad that you are willing to stand up for your belief(s). My point was to end the OC v. CC matter and focus on the larger goal as a whole. United we stand and divided we fall.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    I deal with about two hundred different gun owners every year and have yet to see one person come to my place of business OC'ing, snip

Word does get around. Given your history of attacks on OC'ers, do you really expect them to patronize you? Heck, would you want their business?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was not attacking or even disagreeing with you, and I am glad that you are willing to stand up for your belief(s). My point was to end the OC v. CC matter and focus on the larger goal as a whole. United we stand and divided we fall.

I wasn't referring to you, just answering.

I won't leave division unanswered but if you ever see me bashing on someone for their choice of carry, call me on it please. :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Let's not forget that what you've mentioned below is exacerbated by certain individual's pathological need to scold others as if they were somehow our big brother. Shame and self-loathing are powerful emotions, especially when the person who displays them lacks the self-awareness to recognize much less accommodate their own faults, and instead chooses to project their emotional issues onto others who do not share them. On some level they intrinisically believe that they're doing something wrong by carrying a gun and it must be hidden like the dirty little secret it is.

If it were not open carry, it would be something else. Open carry and discussion of the same is just the trigger and not the underlying cause in this case.

This amateur psychoanalysis is brought to you free of charge. I have no credentials, but in this case, I am correct anyway. :D

My actual point (thinly veiled) is that some folks' primary reasoning against OC is that the majority don't do it.
    Since it is uncommon, they propose that the only reason one would do it is to attract attention (which they believe is always a negative, both personally and for "the cause.")

So if the majority changed, their argument would fail unless they also changed to follow the norm.

It would only be at this point - from a minority position - that I could argue for the need for some percentage to continue (or switch to) carrying concealed for the continued societal benefit that comes from bad guys not knowing exactly who is armed.

In my opinion, it does not take the majority to maintain this effect. More numbers are currently needed to carry out in the open to overcome the misinformation and negative stereotypes among the general populace.

Would I give up the "tactical advantage" of OC if warranted in the future? (intentional :stickpoke:)

Maybe... though I doubt I'll need to in my lifetime.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Word does get around. Given your history of attacks on OC'ers, do you really expect them to patronize you? Heck, would you want their business?

See, Joe, when you use that damn quote feature, you defeat my IGNORE list.

I may have to send you a strongly-worded email, sir! STRONGLY-WORDED, I say.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't care about this so much that I'm going to make sure everyone knows just how much I don't care by specifically telling them I don't care. In this topic. Kind of the same way I did the same thing over and over and over in similar topics in the past, but only because I don't really care how anyone carries.

:D

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I don't care about this so much that I'm going to make sure everyone knows just how much I don't care by specifically telling them I don't care. In this topic. Kind of the same way I did the same thing over and over and over in similar topics in the past, but only because I don't really care how anyone carries.

Tell us how you really feel.
    I mean unless you don't really care.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    You know something? My first response was not at all about

Never mind, I have to go to a doctors appointment and I don't have the time to sit here and try my best to explain what I meant.

Oh and BTW...Samot....thanks for the neg rep. I'm sure those who use that feature will accommodate your desire to express your opinion by using that feature on you and your posts. As well as on those who also hit me with the neg rep. I have chosen the option of "If you don't have anything nice to say...then don't say anything at all"

Have a good day,

Doug

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    You know something? My first response was not at all about

Never mind, I have to go to a doctors appointment and I don't have the time to sit here and try my best to explain what I meant.

Oh and BTW...Samot....thanks for the neg rep. I'm sure those who use that feature will accommodate your desire to express your opinion by using that feature on you and your posts. As well as on those who also hit me with the neg rep. I have chosen the option of "If you don't have anything nice to say...then don't say anything at all"

Have a good day,

Doug
    Dougy..... Your welcome, & have a good Drs Visit.... Ask him to check your prostate, better safe than sorry !!!!!!!

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger

It is a free country and you can go to anyone you'd like with your business; personally I rather not deal with certain people. My customer base represents the average gun owner and that is how I like it.

This is why so many members have stopped posting on here and a select few people have six million posts. You guys love to twist things around and then when people try to explain themselves in simple language you can understand the thread usually gets closed or posts get deleted. My comments about this thread are not about OC'ing, it is about people having to blow their horns about it to impress. It's not working. :rolleyes:

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood

I'd rep ya, but I have to spread the love first.

If you don't care, don't read the thread. If you don't want people to throw your BS back at you, STFU.

Top Bottom