• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turbodiesel86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    About 3-4 years I started applying to get my lifetime handgun permit. I went through the finger printing process and paid the required amount to the city. The only thing left to do was send the rest of the money to the state. But between that time I was in an altercation with a man that had been stalking and physically hurting an ex girlfriend. Being a man that is absolutely against hurting a woman, I confronted him. To make a long story short I punched him once and broke his jaw in three places. I was charged with what I believe was a misdemeanor of battery and received 11 months of probation. While I was on probation I was unable to possess firearms so I didn't try to pursue getting my gun permit. I have since purchased more firearms without any problems but was wondering if what happened would affect me applying for my gun permit again. I know I could go to the police station to find out, but I'd like to hear your opinions since I'm new to this site and am really enjoying all the information on it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    IC 35-47-4 outlines people prohibited from possessing firearms, also 35-47-2 for other License to carry info.

I am not a lawyer, but do know how to look up indiana codes (and memorize a few)

What class of misdemeanor were you charged with? Also, local PD would not know, would be best to contact an attorney and/or the state police licensing office.

Top Bottom