• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    While this veto is no surprise, how can anyone still be loyal or support this guy. It seems to me that every single decision that he arrives at is against what the majority of what we Americans expect a king to do. It never ends. I am counting the days when this incompetent community organizer is out of office. What a disgrace.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Politifact takes a look at KXL and some of the truths and falsehoods of it. How many jobs would it create? Not a real fraction of what the politicians are saying. Construction would create a few thousand for a little while, but after it's done those jobs would go away. Realistic number? They say about 50. I think it might be a bit higher than that. The Gulf refineries wouldn't need to add on crews, either.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/jan/09/3-key-keystone-xl-questions-answered/

US News and World says the project will use about 10K people. Of course when the job's done those jobs go away. And some of the work, (like pipe production) has already been done and lots of it is coming from overseas, so it creates zero American jobs.

In Calculating Keystone XL Jobs, No Easy Answer - US News

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We don't need pipelines they are not safe. We have railroads to move oil.
    AP587789598817-638x358.jpg

Attachments

• AP587789598817-638x358.jpg
      AP587789598817-638x358.jpg
      59.5 KB · Views: 2

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    This gives clear cut the media can't twist it confirmation to what the facts had shown that Obama wants to kill the manufacturing sector. Which is why state owned and private fracking sites saw production increase 60% since last year and federally owned decrease 6%. Now if we would of opened our oil to the World and make them our customers we could still enjoy those low prices while allowing more companies to offer high paying blue collar work to feed the demand for our easier to refine oil.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    HoughMade said why very good.

I wish it were that basic. Keystone isnt expected to make any sizable changes in the price of oil. If Keystone wants my support, they would have to ensure that America get a priority in access to the foreign oil that runs across out nation. They would also have to ensure that they wouldn't be using the eminent domain tactic that TransCanada is so fond of to steal land from American citizens. Until I have those assurances, I won't support it.

Here look for yourself:
    TransCanada Tries To Seize U.S. Land For Keystone Pipeline - Forbes

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/u...-fight-over-pipeline.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

How could any American support a foreign business that attempts to kick other Americans off their OWN land? I can deal with volatile oil markets. I can't deal with Americans losing property for the interest of business, especially foreign.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The smarmy little **** on NPR was giddy while reporting Obama vetoing the keystone pipeline....
    All the evidence I need to know this goes against what is good for the country.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The smarmy little **** on NPR was giddy while reporting Obama vetoing the keystone pipeline....
    All the evidence I need to know this goes against what is good for the country.

So you agree with eminent domain of private property?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yep, we don't need an increase in domestic supply since oil is so cheap now.... Keystone? Nah, no support needed at this time because oil is so cheap.

Next Month...... oil has no where to go but up.

I don't agree with his veto of the pipeline, but most of the oil piped down via XL Keystone would likely have been exported.

Domestic oil production has never been higher but much of it is being shipped out of the U.S. Not that it's a bad thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thousands, and many of those would be long term jobs.

Once again, the Liar-In-Chief proves his ego overrides his concern for the country, and his stupidity. Par for the course for this yabo.

"Thousands," would imply at least 2, and "many of those" implies over 50% which would place jobs at he very least, at 1001. Needless to say, that figure is obscenely outlandish. It wouldn't come close.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I don't agree with his veto of the pipeline, but most of the oil piped down via XL Keystone would likely have been exported.

Domestic oil production has never been higher but much of it is being shipped out of the U.S. Not that it's a bad thing.

How short sighted are we? much of the software I've written in my career has been in energy trading field...

Capacity to safely transport energy from one place to another - in this case to our refineries as well is NOT a bad thing. A few years ago everyone was griping about how there was no cohesive energy policy.

I don't even want to hear it. Screw 'em.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I wish it were that basic. Keystone isnt expected to make any sizable changes in the price of oil. If Keystone wants my support, they would have to ensure that America get a priority in access to the foreign oil that runs across out nation. They would also have to ensure that they wouldn't be using the eminent domain tactic that TransCanada is so fond of to steal land from American citizens. Until I have those assurances, I won't support it.

Here look for yourself:
    TransCanada Tries To Seize U.S. Land For Keystone Pipeline - Forbes

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/u...-fight-over-pipeline.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

How could any American support a foreign business that attempts to kick other Americans off their OWN land? I can deal with volatile oil markets. I can't deal with Americans losing property for the interest of business, especially foreign.

This is my beef with it. No doesn't mean no to these people. It's not a public use that qualifies for ED IMO. It's not a road or bridge or military base. It's a private foreign company stealing American peoples land. And making them buy insurance to cover any spills that occur, on the land.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    So you agree with eminent domain of private property?

I still can't figure out why so many INGOers were ready to support Cliven Bundy in his battle with the BLM, but then so many throw their support behind a foreign-owned company that wants to force other Americans to give up big chunks of their land.

The Tea Party has come out strongly against the use of eminent domain by TransCanada.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I still can't figure out why so many INGOers were ready to support Cliven Bundy in his battle with the BLM, but then so many throw their support behind a foreign-owned company that wants to force other Americans to give up big chunks of their land.

The Tea Party has come out strongly against the use of eminent domain by TransCanada.

It's truly baffling

Top Bottom