• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    So keeping the bracelet with the gun makes sense if the unit is all locked up. But if you keep your gun locked up, you don't need rfid, so it is a conundrum. The only thing the rfid is good for is preventing a kid from shooting himself. I mean, if a criminal wanted to shoot you with your own gun, he'd just have to stand close., and if he wanted to steal your gun, he could easily remove the rfid.

So again I say, this is only useful to keep kids from shooting themselves with home defense weapons left out of the safe. But now we have biometric safes, which it seems to me are far superior to rfid. If you have an rfid gun you are far more likely to not use a gun safe, and then if you leave the rid bracelet off a kid could shoot himself--and if you separate the rid bracelet, you might not be able to find it when it is needed most. And what if the batteries die?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Hows about the govt. start with their own guns. If that works then us peons can get govt.-style smart guns.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    This coming from the same guy who wants to replace nuclear and fossil power plants with windmills and solar. Not realistic. But then again, who cares about reality?? :rolleyes:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Smart guns are electronic. Some are magnetic. Magnetic guns can be used by people with a magnet, but electronics are easily defeted by the government. Mechanical guns are not. Obama knows this and this is why he would likely say yes.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    In a hypothetical world smart guns would be perfect. In reality, though, it will never work. Just as soon as someone figures out a reliable gun mechanism, a criminal will find a way to bypass it so they can still use stolen guns.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'll believe in smartguns working when someone shows me smartpoliticians coming out of Chicago. Until then, I fear reality may just have to go on as-is.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can't wait for smart guns. I've been trying to get my Mossberg to do my taxes for the last three days, and it hasn't even moved the pen yet.

Stupid gun.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Smart guns you say? Of course he's down for that. Kinda reminds me of this....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYe_jA-E2vY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYe_jA-E2vY[/ame]

Top Bottom