Obama and ACORN GPS Marking EVERY Front Door in America?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JL7072

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    The census lady pulled in my drive while I was outside. When she said she needed to go onto my porch to "put me on the map", I told her she didn't need to go onto my porch. She said thats what shes getting paid for, so I replied a little more firmly "you don't need to go onto my porch", so she paused & said "I can do it from here" & left.

No spooks have shown up yet...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The census lady pulled in my drive while I was outside. When she said she needed to go onto my porch to "put me on the map", I told her she didn't need to go onto my porch. She said thats what shes getting paid for, so I replied a little more firmly "you don't need to go onto my porch", so she paused & said "I can do it from here" & left.

Way to bully women!! YOU ARE TRUE FRIGGING HERO!!

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008

Did she ask you if you supported Omama?

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO

I probably would have told her "no, you won't" myself, although I wouldn't have used the old Jedi mind-trick to get her to leave. ;)
    She was not there to collect relevant Census data, so she gets no special accordance to trespass willy-nilly on my property. There's plenty of GIS info down at the courthouse for her (and them) to use. Besides, the three big dogs usually keep people in their vehicle until I make it down the drive to them.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    No one has ever came on my property. I just get a census form. I don't think they like to meet and greet farm boys and veterans lol.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Then I suppose the following means I can't throw ACORN off my property if they show up at my house with CENSUS questions, DAMN IT!
    That would be soooo much fun too!
    But not worth the $500.00 fine!

TITLE 13 > CHAPTER 7 > SUBCHAPTER II > § 223
    Prev | Next

§ 223. Refusal, by owners, proprietors, etc., to assist census employees

Whoever, being the owner, proprietor, manager, superintendent, or agent of any hotel, apartment house, boarding or lodging house, tenement, or other building, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary or by any other officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof, acting under the instructions of the Secretary, to furnish the names of the occupants of such premises, or to give free ingress thereto and egress therefrom to any duly accredited representative of such Department or bureau or agency thereof, so as to permit the collection of statistics with respect to any census provided for in subchapters I and II of chapter 5 of this title, or any survey authorized by subchapter IV or V of such chapter insofar as such survey relates to any of the subjects for which censuses are provided by such subchapters I and II, including, when relevant to the census or survey being taken or made, the proper and correct enumeration of all persons having their usual place of abode in such premises, shall be fined not more than $500.

That's the only answer you have to give them. Nothing else. That is all I will give them.
    Tell your family not to give them any further information.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Google earth... of course when you get off "the paved roads" my GPS and google earth are useless...

Read into it what you will, but I'm more concerned with the out of line questioning they do rather than the gps units.
    Just give them a number. That's all you're required to do by law.
    So... for all those folks so busy wetting your panties about the Census, I've got a question for you. Why are you so adamant about supporting one part of the Constitution, while at the same time being so fearful of another?

The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.
    -US Constitution, Article I, section 2.

Nobody seems to have a problem with what is authorized by the constitution. What we have a problem with is anything above or beyond the actual enumeration. Go ahead and ask all the questions you want, but don't pretend anything beyond a number is constitutional.

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Just give them a number. That's all you're required to do by law.

The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.
    -US Constitution, Article I, section 2.

Nobody seems to have a problem with what is authorized by the constitution. What we have a problem with is anything above or beyond the actual enumeration. Go ahead and ask all the questions you want, but don't pretend anything beyond a number is constitutional.
    Go change your own panties before giving us grief over refusing unconstitutional requests.

It never ceases to amaze me that when a person has a few dollars added to his/her hand how their political beliefs seem to waiver :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It never ceases to amaze me that when a person has a few dollars added to his/her hand how their political beliefs seem to waiver :dunno:

It never ceases to amaze me that some people TALK a good game about the Constitution, but when a part of it pops up they don't like they are willing to turn traitor.

My beliefs haven't waivered. I support and defend the Constititution. I'm no fair weather friend, unlike some of the people on this thread.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    We had a guy walking mostly down the middle of the streets in our sub-division yesterday with a handheld device and was taking notes as he walked, stopping in front of each house, then moving on.
    I was mowing my lawn when I saw him taking his notes.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    It never ceases to amaze me that some people TALK a good game about the Constitution, but when a part of it pops up they don't like they are willing to turn traitor.

My beliefs haven't waivered. I support and defend the Constititution. I'm no fair weather friend, unlike some of the people on this thread.

Maybe you can come up with some convoluted interpretation that shows us how requiring or taking anything other than a number is constitutional. I'd welcome that.

Until then, the answers on my census form will look something like:

Declined to respond.

Nunya.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Maybe you can come up with some convoluted interpretation that shows us how requiring or taking anything other than a number is constitutional. I'd welcome that.

Until then, the answers on my census form will look something like:

Declined to respond.

Nunya.

Doesn't have to be convoluted reasoning. It merely requires the ability to read the English language you know, the part about conducting the Census in accordance with rules established by Congress.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The Census is not about mapping out the entire nation. Private property is private property and those who do not have permission to be on it should stay off and should seek permission to be on private property.

The right to privacy is a Constitutional right and should not be undervalued. What gripes me on this GPS nonsense is that I will likely be at work when the tresspressing occurs, and I won't be here to do something about it.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Doesn't have to be convoluted reasoning. It merely requires the ability to read the English language you know, the part about conducting the Census in accordance with rules established by Congress.

The law requires that a number be provided and nothing else. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

The law requires that a number be provided and nothing else. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

Hmmm...after calling everyone a traitor who wishes to keep the gov't within the confines of the constitution as it pertains to enumeration, when called on it, you disappear.
    Awful strong language for someone with nothing to back up those words. I guess your credibility (or lack thereof) means nothing to you?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Hmmm...after calling everyone a traitor who wishes to keep the gov't within the confines of the constitution as it pertains to enumeration, when called on it, you disappear.
    Awful strong language for someone with nothing to back up those words. I guess your credibility (or lack thereof) means nothing to you?

Actually, I tried to just walk away from you people, instead of continuing to wrestle with pigs.

Frankly, you have no room to whine about my responses, including calling you panty waists on your weak support for the Constitution, not after callign me a sellout. Your attempt to do so is nothing more than crocodile tears.

I'm tired of mincing words. The facts are, anybody who continues insisting that the Census is operating outside the bounds of the Constitution either hasn't actually read the document, is a moron who is unable to comprehend operating under rules established by Congress, or just a rabble rouser trying to undermine the US government. Further, your claim that I've "disappeared," is blatantly untrue, seeing as how I've been posting in other threads. I just lost interest in dealing with you idjits.

Now, why don't ya'll join your buddy and go find some women to bully.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Actually, I tried to just walk away from you people, instead of continuing to wrestle with pigs.

Frankly, you have no room to whine about my responses, including calling you panty waists on your weak support for the Constitution, not after callign me a sellout. Your attempt to do so is nothing more than crocodile tears.

I'm tired of mincing words. The facts are, anybody who continues insisting that the Census is operating outside the bounds of the Constitution either hasn't actually read the document, is a moron who is unable to comprehend operating under rules established by Congress, or just a rabble rouser trying to undermine the US government. Further, your claim that I've "disappeared," is blatantly untrue, seeing as how I've been posting in other threads. I just lost interest in dealing with you idjits.

Now, why don't ya'll join your buddy and go find some women to bully.

Well I guess now would be a good time to do that, since you can't back up your childish accusations.

Top Bottom