• 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Obama ‘Reaches Out’ by Naming ‘Devout’ Muslims to Security Posts

by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(IsraelNN.com) U.S. President Barack Obama continues to “reach out to Muslims” by appointing them to key security posts amid charges he wrongly ignored internal Muslim terror. One recent appointee was harshly criticized for appearing on a British-based television station whose host is a member of a radical Muslim group.

President Obama has continued to “reach out Muslims,” as he said in his keynote speech in Cairo last June, and this past week he swore in a Muslim rights advocate to the Homeland Security Advisory Council, shortly after the Fort Hood massacre. HSAC members are involved in expertise on national security.

adlog.php

The new member is Syrian-born Kareem Shora, who was the national executive director of the Arab-American Anti-Discrimination (ADC), which previously has called on the United States to stop providing Israel with weapons because of alleged “atrocities” against Arabs. Her background for her new security post is having been a legal counsel and advocate for Muslim civil rights.

She also has been a frequent guest on the pro-Hamas al-Jazeera satellite network.

Shora, who has been described as a “devout Muslim, joins another devout member of the faith, Arif Alikhan, who was appointed as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development in the Department of Homeland Security. His qualifications for the job were listed as having been in charge of public safety in Los Angeles during his term of deputy mayor. One of his actions was to remove the plan that tracked Muslims in the city who were suspected of terrorist activities.

20091117034229.jpg

Americans have been jolted by several lethal attacks and confrontations with Muslims over the past year, including a plot to attack synagogues and down U.S. military aircraft, the manufacture of bombs, an alleged attempt to explode a Texas skyscraper, a plot to blow up malls in Boston, and last month’s Fort Hood massacre by a Muslim psychiatrist who was an officer in the army.

A desire to avoid the appearance of labeling all Muslims as terrorists lunged out from the shadows last month after President Obama faced criticism for not taking seriously the threat of Muslim terrorism within American society as well as in the Middle East, Asia and Africa.

Several months ago, President Obama appointed Dalia Mogahed, a “devout Muslim,” to his Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. She quickly came under fire for appearing in a telephone interview on a London-based Muslim television station, whose host is a member of an extreme Islamic group.

She said was unaware of the affiliations of her host, whose program included questions and comments favoring the implementation of Islamic Law (“sharia”).

Mogahed explained that she did not hang up the phone in the middle of the interview because "I assumed that very few people would watch this show but that doing something more dramatic would bring more attention."

In the current issue of Newsweek, columnist Jacob Weisberg, citing former Secretary of State Colin Powell, wrote that “Obama's [Muslim] heritage feeds a broader suspicion that he is too casual about the threat from America's Islamist enemies.”

The journalist added, “With the massacre in Texas, Obama now confronts something that George W. Bush did not face in the years after September 11—not just a major act of domestic terrorism, but one struck from inside our security apparatus…. America does not face a threat from the perversion of faith in general. We face a threat from the perversion of one faith in particular.”

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Yeah, but this country hasn't been attacked by the gun toting judeo-christians who are always quoting the Constitution. You gotta judge his performance on what he's defending against.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Guys....... what's the worst that can happen?

(please don't answer that, it will further my depression) :noway:

Follow me on this: I believe that this appeasement will lead to further attacks by muslim extremists.
    Why?
    Well because I believe the extremists feel like they are making ground and getting their way.
    This administration downplays EVERYTHING involving a terrorist connection.
    They do not even call it "terrorism" any longer - it's a "man made disaster"
    We push and America backs down, this current .gov is GREAT, allah be praised.
    Not like the old days when America came after us. We can have our way with this administration.

Let's ask Neville Chamberlain.....

Appeasement is "the policy of settling international quarrels by admitting and satisfying grievances through rational negotiation and compromise, thereby avoiding the resort to an armed conflict which would be expensive, bloody, and possibly dangerous."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeasement#cite_note-Kennedy-0

On second thought, let's not. :noway:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It's going so far that I can't believe it's going this far. On what bizarre alternate universe is this guy a good president by any standard.

The question is, how far can he go?

Think of something outrageous. Like, appoint devout muslims (may allah slip and fall in some :poop: ) to security positions.

Or.. howabout this - Promise free gas and mortgage in return for a newer, better constitution.

Or, give the UN permission to patrol our streets.

Think of something outlandish and crazy... it's happening. :nailbite:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Wow, sounds like giving out jobs based on religious beliefs, rather than qualifications.

Maybe he should put some devout muslims on his secret service detail.

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    Maybe he should put some devout muslims on his secret service detail.

Why? I think they would guard him with more fervor than any other SS agent. After all, he is handing them this country on a silver platter.

I hope BHO knows what the penalty for treason is........

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Obama ‘Reaches Out’ by Naming ‘Devout’ Muslims to Security Posts

by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(IsraelNN.com) U.S. President Barack Obama continues to “reach out to Muslims” by appointing them to key security posts amid charges he wrongly ignored internal Muslim terror. One recent appointee was harshly criticized for appearing on a British-based television station whose host is a member of a radical Muslim group.

President Obama has continued to “reach out Muslims,” as he said in his keynote speech in Cairo last June, and this past week he swore in a Muslim rights advocate to the Homeland Security Advisory Council, shortly after the Fort Hood massacre. HSAC members are involved in expertise on national security.

adlog.php

The new member is Syrian-born Kareem Shora, who was the national executive director of the Arab-American Anti-Discrimination (ADC), which previously has called on the United States to stop providing Israel with weapons because of alleged “atrocities” against Arabs. Her background for her new security post is having been a legal counsel and advocate for Muslim civil rights.

She also has been a frequent guest on the pro-Hamas al-Jazeera satellite network.

Shora, who has been described as a “devout Muslim, joins another devout member of the faith, Arif Alikhan, who was appointed as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development in the Department of Homeland Security. His qualifications for the job were listed as having been in charge of public safety in Los Angeles during his term of deputy mayor. One of his actions was to remove the plan that tracked Muslims in the city who were suspected of terrorist activities.

20091117034229.jpg

Americans have been jolted by several lethal attacks and confrontations with Muslims over the past year, including a plot to attack synagogues and down U.S. military aircraft, the manufacture of bombs, an alleged attempt to explode a Texas skyscraper, a plot to blow up malls in Boston, and last month’s Fort Hood massacre by a Muslim psychiatrist who was an officer in the army.

A desire to avoid the appearance of labeling all Muslims as terrorists lunged out from the shadows last month after President Obama faced criticism for not taking seriously the threat of Muslim terrorism within American society as well as in the Middle East, Asia and Africa.

Several months ago, President Obama appointed Dalia Mogahed, a “devout Muslim,” to his Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. She quickly came under fire for appearing in a telephone interview on a London-based Muslim television station, whose host is a member of an extreme Islamic group.

She said was unaware of the affiliations of her host, whose program included questions and comments favoring the implementation of Islamic Law (“sharia”).

Mogahed explained that she did not hang up the phone in the middle of the interview because "I assumed that very few people would watch this show but that doing something more dramatic would bring more attention."

In the current issue of Newsweek, columnist Jacob Weisberg, citing former Secretary of State Colin Powell, wrote that “Obama's [Muslim] heritage feeds a broader suspicion that he is too casual about the threat from America's Islamist enemies.”

The journalist added, “With the massacre in Texas, Obama now confronts something that George W. Bush did not face in the years after September 11—not just a major act of domestic terrorism, but one struck from inside our security apparatus…. America does not face a threat from the perversion of faith in general. We face a threat from the perversion of one faith in particular.”

I have no words. All I can say is that I am praying for ALL OUR CHILDREN more and more these days. It won't be long before the bombing of our schools, hijacking school buses etc. takes place. These terrorists are ruthless, favored by the government and now completely set up and loose in our country to roam free. Now this fool starts appointing them positions of leadership....

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    It's certainly no worse than some of the fundamentalist christians that have been appointed in the past. As with all things, this too shall pass.

Or 'fundamentalist agnostics/atheists etc. etc....' let's stick to the thread and not start slamming 'christians' or 'religious' people just b/c you aren't one.... OK?
    Time to grow up. Not every affiliation of religion has warranted your disdain and constant nagging and snobbery.

So... back to the thread at hand...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Or 'fundamentalist agnostics/atheists etc. etc....' let's stick to the thread and not start slamming 'christians' or 'religious' people just b/c you aren't one.... OK?
    Time to grow up. Not every affiliation of religion has warranted your disdain and constant nagging and snobbery.

So... back to the thread at hand...
    It's relevant, whether you like it or not. You and others are slamming these people for their religion only. Not that they are likely to be progressives. The fact is that these people have better than a 99.999% chance of never having done anything criminal based on their religion. Have they utilised their religious beliefs to use political power to obtain goals? Doubtful. Will they? Also doubtful. You don't want me to slam "religious" people and yet that's exactly what you're doing. Remove the plank from your own eye first.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    It's relevant, whether you like it or not. You and others are slamming these people for their religion only. Not that they are likely to be progressives. The fact is that these people have better than a 99.999% chance of never having done anything criminal based on their religion. Have they utilised their religious beliefs to use political power to obtain goals? Doubtful. Will they? Also doubtful. You don't want me to slam "religious" people and yet that's exactly what you're doing. Remove the plank from your own eye first.

:): the plank? That not what 'I' am doing. I don't like the favoritism, the hidden agenda, the media slant, the leftist approach of making these people victims whereever they go, whatever they do. THAT is what I am referring to.

I also responded to the fact that you are just like a gun hating liberal... you just can't wait to put a 'plug' in every thread, slanting 'those Christians', 'religious folks' etc. Your fingers ITCH for every chance to subvertly plant 'Christians are just like them'. Hate and ignorance, like the anti-gun crowd; it's what I seen in your last post. 'No difference from them and a fundamentalist Christian'. You could have left that out, not that you would, b/c it wasn't even on topic.

The thread is about Muslims being placed in key positions, when in a time that extremist Muslim actions are killing Americans abroad and here at home; and, these decisions are being by the PRESIDENT. The thread is not about how 'Christians' aren't any better or worse. Your post was slanted, not needed and off topic.

Sorry if it steps on your toes; but, you agnostics pretend you don't have a religion (but you do)and you also pretend you have no weakness or would NEVER fail, fall, be somehow misdirected in life etc. etc.
    Snobbery.

So, please forgive me stating it like it is. And, I'm sorry I'm also a guy you love to slant as well. :dunno: You want respect from Christians? Stop disrespecting them with your ANTI-Christian statements. The end.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I also responded to the fact that you are just like a gun hating liberal... you just can't wait to put a 'plug' in every thread, slanting 'those Christians', 'religious folks' etc. Your fingers ITCH for every chance to subvertly plant 'Christians are just like them'. Hate and ignorance, like the anti-gun crowd; it's what I seen in your last post. 'No difference from them and a fundamentalist Christian'. You could have left that out, not that you would, b/c it wasn't even on topic.
    Actually there are many "liberals" that love guns and the second amendment but that is another topic. I did not sense any hate nor ignorance in his post.

The thread is about Muslims being placed in key positions, when in a time that extremist Muslim actions are killing Americans abroad and here at home; and, these decisions are being by the PRESIDENT. The thread is not about how 'Christians' aren't any better or worse. Your post was slanted, not needed and off topic.
    Muslims=religious folks. We are talking about a particular religion being looked down upon for security posts. I do not see that comparing one religion to another for the same security positions as off-topic.

Sorry if it steps on your toes; but, you agnostics pretend you don't have a religion (but you do)and you also pretend you have no weakness or would NEVER fail, fall, be somehow misdirected in life etc. etc.
    Snobbery.
    Now this IS a bit off-topic and more of a jab than what mrjarrell had posted. I cannot speak for him but I do not get the impression he is agnostic (believing in a higher being/force), I could be mistaken. Maybe you meant to say "atheist". Lack of a religion IS NOT a religion. Being a skeptic of religion does not mean that the person believes they are perfect. Now we are wandering off-topic. Back to topic. I don't think these Muslims are any more "dangerous" than any other religious person doing the same job. Being a Muslim does not make you a Jihadist. I think we can find something better to worry about than this.

Top Bottom