Oakleys and operator baseball hats can now live in harmony!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    IF only there was pic rail on either side so I could mount micro-stream lights. Then I'd Never have to remove my sylin' shades and be tacticool during night ops too. :): :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Needs a brass deflecting screen. And built in ear muffs. And fragment protection. And tactical venting. And a sunscreen/hot brass deflector for the back of your neck.

0571628c0366418e894ccf9e18be5f95.jpg

Like this, but in tactical black with a tactical logo and hopefully with tactical velcro for tactical patches. Rails would also be nice.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Only person I know that wears his hat pulled down that far with sunglasses is Bill, our town drunk.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Actually, I'll admit that after a 4 Guys Guns mention of the Notch on FB, I went over to the site and ordered a camo one. The hat is super comfortable...However, it does NOT work as designed on my Oakley Gas Cans, my Oakley X Tens, or my Revos. Wraparound glasses, like the ones you'd normally wear for shooting anyway, hug your brow and temple. The Notch hat, has about an inch of brim, then begins the "notch" then goes back to brim...the 1" section of brim from hat to notch hits my glasses...

Yes, indeed, a problem that really didn't need solving. However, if your head isn't perfectly shaped like mine :) then you may need it. If you wear a more traditional set of glasses, the notch may work for you. Cool, sure. Clever, yup. Tricked me...meh, well, maybe a little bit.

If I get too many fellow gun lovers making fun of me and my Notch, I'll just tell them that it is a survival hat and that the notches are a built in paracord winder and storage device...

Top Bottom