NYPD: Opens fire into large crowd on times square.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    NYPD opened fire into a large crowd on times square last night, injuring 2 women in the process. Their excuse was that they were trying to shoot a man for disorderly conduct.

[video=youtube;9QgpfCY3Mo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QgpfCY3Mo8[/video]

Here's the peon news report: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/15/new-york-nypd-shooting/2815851/

Anyone remember the empire state building, NYPD mass shooting? CCTV of police shooting Empire State Building gunman - YouTube

Yet they claim the public can't be trusted with firearms.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This is appalling. Maybe the public should be allowed to carry because the obviously incompetent excuse police officers cant even shoot.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is appalling. Maybe the public should be allowed to carry because the obviously incompetent excuse police officers cant even shoot.

No, they just need a heavier trigger. The 8lb and then 12lb speciality glock triggers obviously aren't heavy enough.

They need to be around 300lb, that would make the people of new york much safer.

And of course abolishing their tyrannical firearms laws, so their people can finally be free.

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Trying to stop a " disorderly man " , apparently talking , OC , tazer and night sticks weren't options .

No , let's shoot amongst a freakin crowd that makes much more sense .

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Idiots. If i hit/shoot a bystander while defending myself I'm boned! And should be. Your responsible for knowing what's beyond your target!
    But some people think these guys have courage and are heros. Uh yeah

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Sounds like tort-time for Mayor Mikey's finest. Reckless endangerment comes to mind. Immunity for such actions would only reward bad training by the NYPD.

Wonder at what point Noo Yawkers are going to realize their police aren't mythical paragons of firearms training? And that a reasonably-trained citizen could do better.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    This is very disturbing to me. Whatever happened to the days of a "foot chase"? It seems there are way to many police who are to quick to shoot first & ask questions later. OK, so the perp "acted" that he had a gun. Shouldn't the officers demand that he disarm before shooting him on suspicion? These officers should be reprimanded for wreckless endangerment of the public. And Secondly, any person (police or not) who aims a weapon, should be sure of their target before getting trigger happy. Firearm Basics 101...
    The other thing that really chaps my hind, is the media's LACK of thorough detailed reporting. There are so many unanswered questions in this incident. Media coverage is basically crap, IMO.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Inexcusable behavior from those officers no doubt. I find it difficult to find much sympathy for those who grab their cell phones and stand around gawking when police officers have their guns drawn and are dealing with an obviously tense situation. If you don't want to get shot, GTFO when people have guns drawn.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I find it difficult to find much sympathy for those who grab their cell phones and stand around gawking when police officers have their guns drawn and are dealing with an obviously tense situation. If you don't want to get shot, GTFO when people have guns drawn.

For all the times you've chastised members for presumptuously formulating an opinion on the actions of "bad apple" police without having the details, I'm shocked you do the same for the civilians.

How could you possibly know how fast the situation devolved into shooting? And how obvious was it that there was even a situation? Afterall this was Time Square... there was likely thousands of people there sight seeing and dazzled by the lights, until shots rang out, I doubt the majority even were aware someone was being arrested. Two innocent ladies were shot and somehow you rationalize this scenario by saying... "they shouldn't have been hanging around".

The only thing we know is that unless the guy pulled a knife or gun and put the officers in grave danger that a nighstick or tazer couldn't handle... they made a poor decision and hopefully lose their jobs for it.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So he's charged with menacing yet no weapon.

And I would think that riot means more than 1 person?

But, yes, he's was a nutjob and that's just my own best guess.

I once saw a drug dealer in Indpls get tazed 5 times, after dropping a gun and running from police (on the canal in the afternoon). No shots fired.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    For all the times you've chastised members for presumptuously formulating an opinion on the actions of "bad apple" police without having the details, I'm shocked you do the same for the civilians.

How could you possibly know how fast the situation devolved into shooting? And how obvious was it that there was even a situation? Afterall this was Time Square... there was likely thousands of people there sight seeing and dazzled by the lights, until shots rang out, I doubt the majority even were aware someone was being arrested. Two innocent ladies were shot and somehow you rationalize this scenario by saying... "they shouldn't have been hanging around".

The only thing we know is that unless the guy pulled a knife or gun and put the officers in grave danger that a nighstick or tazer couldn't handle... they made a poor decision and hopefully lose their jobs for it.

If you think it is a great idea to pull out your cell phone to get video while the NYPD (or any of the other shoot first, rarely hit intended target) departments are escalating force much more rapidly than should be, you're a much braver man than I. With this not being the first, second, third, or forth story of innocent bystanders being shot by NYPD, it wouldn't be the best idea to stand around while they're trading shots with hot dog carts, sidewalks, or innocents. And no, if you hear shots on the streets of any city...it isn't best to just hang out.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I didn't say it was a good idea to whip out anything... 2 ladies were shot and it says nothing about them being shot because they were taking pictures. "The cops screwed up no doubt... but I don't feel sympathy for those standing around gawking when Barney Fife decides he wants to use them for a backstop".

For those around who did have video footage, they probably already had their cell phones out when F-Troop decided to draw and open fire. Again... this is Time Square, how many people at any given time are taking pictures and videos?

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Inexcusable behavior from those officers no doubt. I find it difficult to find much sympathy for those who grab their cell phones and stand around gawking when police officers have their guns drawn and are dealing with an obviously tense situation. If you don't want to get shot, GTFO when people have guns drawn.

Is this supposed to be in purple? So the innocent bystanders are at fault for being in the way of bullets fired negligently?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I agree. But if you can film safely then go for it. Also it didnt look like some of those people had anywhere to go nor could first tell what the safe direction to flee is in.

Top Bottom