• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I do understand your theory but last time I checked it takes a good battery, good battery cables and a good starter to turn over a engine which are all maintenance items.
    Unless you have a diesel, then you have to add diesel fuel additive to stop the fuel from gelling

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Ok, is this better?
    grouphug.gif

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I will say this. Older engines that are maintained "can" have an easier time starting in sub zero because they are "looser". Just my theory. never had a single issue with my old chevy with 270k on it either for what it's worth.

Yes, the lowered compression due to ring and cylinder wear really helps starting... Lmao

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Hey, CTC ... you would have loved my ride to work the other day. I was in my little 2wd (front wheel drive) car, stuck behind a H3 doing 25-30mph on the highway. She was taking up the only really clear lane (slushy but you could see pavement). All the other lanes were unplowed and heavily snow covered but even I was able to pass her in those lanes. She looked terrified when I went by her. The rest of us went back to 55mph once we got past her.

Thats the thing boss, AL these AWD and 4WD Tahoe and Yukon, they are 98% women driving. They are completely clueless how to manage these driving conditions. It's the guys in beater front wheel drives that I see blowing off their doors. Those guys are my friends cause even I can't catch up to them. I sware last week if I didn't slam 5 Ibuprofen I woulda had a massive heart attack due to idiot drivers. Praise 4x4

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Finally got the truck running around noon. Bob was just leaving the clubhouse, so no humidor today.

Did some shopping and errands. Not sure why, but I saw a bunch of cars stranded up on the drifts/plow piles on the sides of the road.

Roads are still spotty with ice patches but overall not bad. Really need temps to get back into the double digits to help thaw the roads out.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Sorry ... no revolvers.* I'm pretty much resolved to not selling off any more of my guns. In my lifetime, I have only sold one firearm and regretted it about five minutes later. Pretty much close to feeling the same way about ammo. The past couple years have convinced me to hang on to those two items and sell the other stuff. Having said that ... my financial/social/family/etc. situation could change my mind later on but for now, guns stay and any deals with ammo would have to be "an offer I can't refuse." (My stash of Black Talons stay though.)

*Revolvers are definitely all staying. Every wheel gun I own has been customized.

Agree with you on that. I've probably sold at least a dozen and traded the same.

Even the guns I didn't like, I wish I still had.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom