Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hi NWsapper. Welcome to our little NW corner of the world... um... state. :)

It's welcome to Indiana PinkDragon. Lake county **IS** the ONLY real county of Indiana. The rest are just wanna be. :)

Everyone! That pansy jedi is on the train this morning! :runaway:

Jedi is just getting you back for not having to deal with me last night on the train.
    :p

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Any M&P fans in here, or am I the minority?
    Welcome aboard! I have a S&W MP9 Pro Series which is a great gun, but I still prefer my Glocks (17 Gen4 and 27 Gen3). We have meet and shoot events once a month during the summer months that you should try to attend. Its a good way to meet people and get a chance to try various weapons.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    <-- is a noob and had to Google "M&P"..
    true
    Don't tell anybody.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Any M&P fans in here, or am I the minority?

Couple things you should know about jedi if you're going to hang around here:

1) he hates M&Ps and only likes Glocks
    2) his favorite color is purple
    3) he's a militant iphone fanboy/apologist, and particularly likes the ease of function Apple products provide
    4) he prefers Star Trek over Star Wars because Star Trek is obviously better. However, he most identifies with Jar Jar Binks when forced to liken himself to a Star Wars character
    5) He has a boyish affinity for Erector Sets, and men dressed as women.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana

3) he's a militant iphone fanboy/apologist, and particularly likes the ease of function Apple products provide
    4) he prefers Star Trek over Star Wars because Star Trek is obviously better. However, he most identifies with Jar Jar Binks when forced to liken himself to a Star Wars character

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bradmedic04 again.

tumblr_m0yz5fCfWR1qexodno1_400.png

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Add buy a new truck to the list of lessons learned this winter. She's tired, and won't wake up if it's 5°F or under. And with all the salt this winter, I don't know if the cab or bed will still be attached to the frame once the weather clears, was already looking a lil iffy last year.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.

Oh boy. Here we go. :lala:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I'm not picking on anyone here but I don't get this that my vehicle won't start because it's too old. I drive a 1974 Chevy pickup, yes it's 40 years old and it's the original engine and transmission. It starts and drives every time. We just need to keep up on the maintenance.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I'm not picking on anyone here but I don't get this that my vehicle won't start because it's too old. I drive a 1974 Chevy pickup, yes it's 40 years old and it's the original engine and transmission. It starts and drives every time. We just need to keep up on the maintenance.

At nearly 300,000 miles and low compression in half the cylinders, maintenance isn't going to get her going again.

Rust on the body and frame dictate it's not worth pulling the engine for a rebuild or replacement.

Normally I'd agree with you, but my truck is old, tired, and ready to die. And this is the newest vehicle I've ever owned.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

I will say this. Older engines that are maintained "can" have an easier time starting in sub zero because they are "looser". Just my theory. never had a single issue with my old chevy with 270k on it either for what it's worth.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I will say this. Older engines that are maintained "can" have an easier time starting in sub zero because they are "looser". Just my theory. never had a single issue with my old chevy with 270k on it either for what it's worth.
    I do understand your theory but last time I checked it takes a good battery, good battery cables and a good starter to turn over a engine which are all maintenance items.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom