Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh no!
    What will I do?

Oh, that's right. Same thing I've done my whole life.
    Drive home.
    Take my time
    Be prepared for emergencies with proper clothing, blankets, shovel, tow strap, ropes, emergency compressor, jumper cables, and the list goes on.

Conway's Law #2: In every organization there will always be one person who knows what is going on. -> This person must be fired.
    In your case the Nanystate will ensure you are 'taken away'. ;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Conway's Law #2: In every organization there will always be one person who knows what is going on. -> This person must be fired.
    In your case the Nanystate will ensure you are 'taken away'. ;)

If the idiot in charge keeps it up, there may be several people in my facility looking for jobs.
    I'm kinda looking now.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Nice. Whatcha got there?
    And for a NAA?

It's an OLD (anyone know if there's date codes in the serials?) Taurus 94 9shot .22lr.

Don't know how old, but old enough that it doesn't have the full underlug. And compared to the other 94 I've owned (2010ish) this one seems to have slightly better build quality. Sure, there's tooling marks on the inside surfaces, the da trigger is around 16lbs, but endshake and lockup and quality of the blueing are all quite good.

For the trade, I definitely can't complain. Sure is one pretty gun.

Took her out on the back porch last night and ran a few cylinders through. It was too cold and windy to try for accuracy, steel rang a couple times though (most of the plate is under snow) and I only ran shorts through her.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you are going to try and wring out some accuracy from that Mini 14, perhaps you should wait to headspace the particular rifle before you load for it ... ???

i dont have a way to headspace it and dont really want so since the lee trimmer is not that precise and its range brass. if i ever get a bolt then sure that may be the route but this is just for shooting appleseed targets.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I know how you operate now!

Last time it was, "Hey, Snob. How would you like to try out my 1911? Here ... here's some ammo." Me ... all I heard was "try 1911." Who would say "no?" My first clue should have been that you backed away once I was loaded up and ready to shoot.

:rofl:
    Too bad someone was not taking video.
    Oh what a moment.

But hey you also tried the .30 carbine and are STILL alive right?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I have a $50 gift card to Cigarsinternational.com. Was planning on a lighter and cutter but honestly I'm happy with what I've got. So I was looking at humidors but was talked out of affordable humidors in favor of a tupperdor. So now I'm looking at cigar samplers/bundles. Anyone order from them before? Thing is, for my birthday wife was going to sign me up for cigar of the month. I overheard discussion and said no way, I don't want to get a bunch of cigars I'm not interested in and have to try to smoke them all. I've heard too many unhappy customers of these types of mailing list clubs. So, I got a gift card. But, at $50, there's not much I can do with it. For the price, I do better at Bob's when looking at stick by stick price, or even some of their small bundles. I'm kinda scared of buying samplers because I've found way too many cigars that I absolutely do not like at all, don't want to end up with a bunch of sticks I can't smoke. But, there's some seemingly good deals on samplers and since it's a gift card, have been considering pulling the trigger on one.

Otherwise, I'm still interested in a humidor. It may not be the best, but it looks pretty and I can't imagine it's truly worse than a tupperdor considering since it's cedar lined it has a humidity buffer. Search - Cigars International this is the box I'm looking at considering the price. $100 for a decently large humidor doesn't seem bad, especially when I only have to pay half that with my gift card.

Opinions? Spend the card on a sampler or a 5 pack of something I've tried and love? Or spend the card + $cash on a budget china humidor?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Do we have any carpet installers on here? I have a small bedroom 12X10 The carpet is already laid down but it needs to be stretch and finished at the doorway to the hallway carpet. I live in Hobart. PM me if you can help. Thanks

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Cedar lined? Oh you make me laugh. That has a thin piece of cedar veneer that is maybe 1/128" thick for the cedar lining. Tupperware is better. Seriously. At least Tupperware will seal.

How do I know that about that humidor you linked to? Because I sell crap like that before Christmas and Father's Day to people who don't want to buy good humidors. But I usually recommend Tupperware or Igloo to folks who don't want to spend the money.

If you want a good one. I mean a really good Italian (?) made one, I have 1 Prometheus humidor. Retail is $399. You can have it for 1/2 price. I'm closing out the brand. But if you don't want it it might go home with me because it is a BEAUTIFUL humidor.

There are a lot of reasons Tupperware and Igloo are better choices than cheap humidors that look cool. A really good humidor is better, but a cheap humidor is just a crappy box that doesn't seal and doesn't hold humidity.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Cedar lined? Oh you make me laugh. That has a thin piece of cedar veneer that is maybe 1/128" thick for the cedar lining. Tupperware is better. Seriously. At least Tupperware will seal.

How do I know that about that humidor you linked to? Because I sell crap like that before Christmas and Father's Day to people who don't want to buy good humidors. But I usually recommend Tupperware or Igloo to folks who don't want to spend the money.

If you want a good one. I mean a really good Italian (?) made one, I have 1 Prometheus humidor. Retail is $399. You can have it for 1/2 price. I'm closing out the brand. But if you don't want it it might go home with me because it is a BEAUTIFUL humidor.

There are a lot of reasons Tupperware and Igloo are better choices than cheap humidors that look cool. A really good humidor is better, but a cheap humidor is just a crappy box that doesn't seal and doesn't hold humidity.

You said earlier you'll be at the clubhouse tomorrow morning, still planning on it?

I'd be interested in meeting to see it in person. If I can free up some time I'll try to get over there.

I've gone back n forth on cheap humidors/tupperdors/tupperdors with cedar chunks, the various arguments on best product for humidity maintenance, wrapped/unwrapped, and every other storage argument. I'm not sold on one way or another.

I used to have a gladware container with a "pillow" that some mailorder gift cigars came with. Several sticks cracked, pretty much most of them dried out over 3-4 months it took to smoke through them all.

The next time I was gifted a bunch of cigars (a 10 pack of My Uzi Weighs A Ton) was this Christmas. I stopped at Bobs and bought a Xikar humidity jar (varied reviewes online, but bought 3 jars - 2 as gifts for guys that had no storage plans, and one to try myself) and dropped em all in a real Tupperware box. I've also got some sticks in there I've picked up at the clubhouse between $15 and $25. Hasn't really been long enough to speak to the ability of the jar/box to maintain but the last stick I pulled I felt was a bit wet. I don't have a hydrometer to know one way or the other, so that plus the $50 gift card led me to look at other options, with hydrometers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom