• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    It's supposed to be cold here in cedar lake too, however I haven't ventured further then the back door to let the dogs out. And to my surprise they have been staying out for more then 5 minutes, running and tackling each other in the snow. Last polar vortex, they walked down the porch, did their business then right back up and in the house.

so it must not be too bad right now. We'll see as the temps drop what they do and how they react.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    8hrs in St. John today...... not too bad outside. Got the occasional headache from the cold but I survived...tomorrow is a different story. I'm south of Winfield out near Stoney Run. Bring it. :laugh:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I volunteer at St. anthony, and most of the volunteers called off today, so I'm working a double for free.

Tried to rep you for volunteer work. Apparently I've given you too much.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:
    :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
    People at work now think I'm on something, the way I'm laughing at WD & melensdad.
    Thanks guys, totally worth it!

You mean you're not on something.
    I guess I lose the $5 bet.

Yeah, went to the clubhouse, smoked an excellent cigar that I'd never tried before and traded my NAA Mini for this beauty:

Got the truck started just now, had block heater plugged in for almost an hour and she started right up.

Gonna go out and run errands, pick up some groceries, probably stop in again at the cigar lounge.
    Nice. Whatcha got there?
    And for a NAA?

:faint:
    Just got word another 2 hrs delay for work 2morrow.
    :xmad:
    Guess I'll blow another personal day...
    But I really need to get out of this house!

If you need to get out of the house, you could, I don't know, maybe GO TO WORK.
    See. You get out. And you make money.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    remeber boys and girls when i go to work i spend YOUR money.
    i'm bored just did another 125 cases of .223. need to let the drill battery re-charge before i do another batch.
    just need 87 for cases at the 1.749 lenght to have 200 for my testing.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    remeber boys and girls when i go to work i spend YOUR money.
    i'm bored just did another 125 cases of .223. need to let the drill battery re-charge before i do another batch.
    just need 87 for cases at the 1.749 lenght to have 200 for my testing.

But you're costing me money by staying home and the money you will spend at work is already gone because there is not a single federal agency that gives back budget money at the end of the year.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @ you or anyone that can answer ... The cases are trimmed to spec and the OAL is set later during bullet seating, which can be a set standard or specific OAL if you have a specific rifle you are loading for, correct?

Correct during the trimming process cases are trimmed to within a range of spec. For instance the .223 REM that can be anywhere from 1.760 (MAX) to 1.740 (MIN). The goal is to get to 1.750 or as close as possible. My LEE trimmer does 1.749 and 1.748 more than anything else so I have been sorting cases 1.750, 1.749 and 1.748 and the rest are getting toss in the 'plink' pile.

The OAL is set during the bullet seating process. Reloading books will give you the MAX OAL for the caliber you are doing. LEE gives 2.260" as the maximum COAL. However depending on your rifle it can and will vary from this. I plan on getting some match grade .223 ammo and measuring it's OAL and going with that number once I get more bullets/powder. I only plan on plinking with this ammo in a Ruger Mini 14 so no need to measure the OAL of the rifle at least not for me.

You on the other hand I can already see counting each grain of powder as you long each case. :p

But you're costing me money by staying home and the money you will spend at work is already gone because there is not a single federal agency that gives back budget money at the end of the year.

I would cost you even MORE if I did go to work.
    Not fully true, GSA has a nice 'racket' going on by running the federal excess program.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The 5 P.M. news on channel 9 said if anyone goes out tonight and gets stuck will be on their own and not to be rescued.

Oh no!
    What will I do?

Oh, that's right. Same thing I've done my whole life.
    Drive home.
    Take my time
    Be prepared for emergencies with proper clothing, blankets, shovel, tow strap, ropes, emergency compressor, jumper cables, and the list goes on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would like to add a winch to the front.
    But, where/how would I mount it?
    Front tow hitch taken by spare tire holder.
    Maybe I can get someone to weld a winch mounting plate to the tire bracket. At the bottom so it doesn't stress the bracket and snap the arm with the tire?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom