• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Well I just got a response from Sneaky Pete from responding to my email about the CT thing and to please oppose a future AWB.

Dear Joseph:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent shooting in Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you.

I was shocked and heartbroken to learn of the horrific shooting that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. The fact that so many victims were the most innocent among us, children, weighs heavily upon my heart as well as those of every American. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims of these attacks and their families for their unfathomable loss. As this marks the seventh mass shooting in the United States in 2012 alone, I firmly believe that Congress must take decisive action to prevent such senseless tragedies from happening again.

While I support the possession of legal firearms by responsible law abiding citizens, I am opposed to the availability of military assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines, which pose serious threats to public safety and the law enforcement officers who risk their lives protecting us. I believe that there are certain actions we can take to ensure that adequate safety protections exist to reduce the overall level of violence in this country, which in no way means that people shouldn't continue to enjoy their second amendment rights.

That is why, in the 103rd Congress, I supported the assault weapons ban, which prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons, including those with a large capacity ammunition feeding device. I deeply regret that President Bush allowed this ban to expire in 2004. Also in the 103rd Congress, I supported passage of the Brady Act, currently known as the national instant criminal background check system, which requires background checks for all firearm transfers and purchases.

In the 112th Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy has introduced H.R. 308, the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, which would reinstate the ban on semiautomatic weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Because the 112th Congress will adjourn shortly, this measure is not expected to receive consideration. However, Rep. McCarthy has indicated that she will reintroduce this legislation in the 113th Congress. Should Rep. McCarthy formally reintroduce this legislation, I assure you that I will monitor it with your views in mind.

As the nation continues to make sense of the tragedy at Sandy Hook, I hope that our country will have a serious and thoughtful discussion to ensure that we find a proper balance between Americans' right to own guns and the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Thank you again for contacting me. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Peter J. Visclosky

Sounds to me like a form letter and typical BS.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Well I just got a response from Sneaky Pete from responding to my email about the CT thing and to please oppose a future AWB.

Dear Joseph:

I am [STRIKE]opposed to the availability of military assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines[/STRIKE] a giant, egg sucking douche.

Sincerely,

Peter J. Visclosky

FTFY

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Dear Joseph:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent shooting in Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you. I plan on not listening to you and doing what ever the f**** I want.
    Sincerely,

Peter J. Visclosky

FTFY

Visclosky is a
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    who needs to get voted the
    censored.gif
    out!

& WD wonders why I say it's pointless for us in LAKE COUNTY. :rolleyes: We have no
    censored.gif
    representation at the national level by this
    censored.gif
    censored.gif
    censored.gif

OK I'm
    censored.gif
    done for now cause that guy just
    censored.gif
    makes me mad and makes my blood boil for the
    censored.gif
    that he is.

LAKE COUNTY complains about him yet they continue to hit the "D" and vote in him time and time again. :faint:

Ah
    censored.gif
    it!!!

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Here's a little something that I found on MAC's Facebook page. Click the link, copy the text, provide your information, and hit send. It only takes 20 seconds more than clicking "Like" on your favorite hot-button issue on facebook.

Please use the provided link to send this letter to your Congressmen, Senators and the President. You don't have to use my letter, you may draft your own. But PLEASE do this. The link will take you to a page where you can automatically contact the President and your elected officials either by email or by mailed letter. I suggest you do both.

The Link: Congress.org ; Get informed, get involved

The message:

Greetings,

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic and heavily medicated. This man was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies, that was proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban. Do something meaningful, please. Make committing the insane easier. Put armed security guards in our schools. But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

Thank you,

SIGN YOUR NAME

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm at the lounge, waiting for my food from lucky dragon, no Bob, no Andy :rolleyes:

Edited, Andy just walked in!!

I'm trying to get out of the house. I listed AR15 spring kits in the classifieds and am getting my inbox filled faster than I can empty it with orders for the kits. I'm selling them at wholesale cost. Should have listed them at full retail. They are left over from the days when I was building ARs for a gun shop so I got them at wholesale cost. Figured I'd pass them along for those in need.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Plus 1 Lowendgen,

and Visclosky only wins because he gets the dead to come out and vote for him all the time... True story as I was a poll watcher during the Larson Campaign and seen it with my own eyes...

Jedi when speaking of vermin you really shouldn't have the need to censor yourself... they'll come along and do it for you soon enough...

Gonna miss the Guitar night unfortunately... Gotta work tonight...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I think I'm gonna get one of those Nexus 4 phones when they become available again. I'm using my OG Galaxy S with Gingerbread and it's a disappointment going back from Jelly Bean(my N7 tablet)

What provider do you have. Pretty sure the Nexus doesn't have LTE, might want to go with the S3 or wait for the S4.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    It was a great time. The girl playing was awesome. Then some guy shows up decides to stay and listen. We chat a little bit, then as he's a quarter way through his cigar, he gets up and talks to the singer. Next thing you know he goes out to his car and grabs a bongo set, and joins in. Guess he's pretty famous around these parts, and goes by Bongo Larry. Here's a clip of one song, it's good but not the best. 2 songs prior to this was amazing, fast paced with 2 guitars and bongo Larry playing the bongo, ring of bell things and a cha cha in the same song... Everybody was smiling, listening, tapping their feet and bobbin their heads... Best time I've had in a long time...

653378dc186f1d9ca69ac94f3daf3b28.mp4

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Rocko375/653378dc186f1d9ca69ac94f3daf3b28.mp4

Since I can't get the video to post here's the link to photobucket.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom