Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Teeth, thier painful when they aren't in the best of shape...

Remember fond days of some type of pain killer and the scotch chasers...

It really gets starnge when you have one pulled and get put out for the event and you got to figure out why you have boot prints on your shirt and chest after words and they send you home with directions that say something like don't go to sleep for 4 hours or you will die... or something to that effect and all you can do to stay awake is wish you could stay awake... ya I remember those days....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi has a Redhead with freckles!

So as most of you know this is a LEGO household. We lot all flavors of LEGO here from Duplo to LEGO systems to LEGO mindstorm. We got Jedi's LEGO sets, my son's star wars LEGO sets, and my daughter's LEGO friends sets as well. For the past 6 months I have been in negotiations with my daughter of a certain LEGO friend's figure she owns 3 of! It's been a tough back and forth but alas after a 2 week stalemate I finally just gave up.

So a few mouse clicks on eBay and tata!!!!

lego_friends_mia_bedroom.jpg

my very own LEGO redhead with freckles!
    lego_friends_mia.jpg

Her name is Mia BTW and she will be on display at my desk. I gave the rest of the set to my daughter minus the set of drums.

Now if only I could get my unicorn "a la weird science" method by using this figure.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii7S0SDQbxA

:rofl:

*cough*
    You know how I can't use HELLO KITTY this year at the meet & shoots.
    I think I just figured out what I will use and what the "boo boo" prizes are going to be.
    :D

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.

Nwijoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Dirty D
    Does anyone know where I could find .303 british for cheap? Or .30 carbine?

Also, I'm looking to get rid of my .20 Gauge New England Single shot Pardner if anyone is interested.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    .30 carbine has given up the ghost.
    Locally your best bet would be Cabela's but I doubt they have any and certainly not cheap. Otherwise you can try these 2 sites.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=86&name=.30cal+Carbine
    and
    http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammunition
    (Granted this site does NOT have any right now)

Until the crazines dies down then add another 6 months the .30 carbine is going to be hard to come by unless you reload and even then bullets are hard to find. Since it's not one of the top common rifle calibers it gets 2nd tier treatment from the ammo makers so they won't focus on making more of it until they get the other common ammos (.223, .308, 7.62x39) supplied and out of backlog status.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    While you guys are having a hard time buying ammo, I'm getting 6.5 Grendel at pre-panic prices from various suppliers. I'm up over 2500 rounds of low priced Grendel in my ammo cabinet now. Plus I have a few hundred premium rounds of Grendel too.

If the zombies come, I can take them out at long range at prices below the current going rate for 5.56 ammo. Not sure what the problem is with you guys and your 30 carbine stuff . . . you should have gotten a Grendel :rockwoot:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Is the 30.06 ammo M1 Garand safe ?

If I buy that 35 Remington Encore pistol I'll be interested in the 35 rem ammo...

Jedi, I guess we all need our hobbies...

Now just letting you guys know... Hi-Tech has 110 Gr 30 cal FMJ bullets listed as being in stock as of the 12th....

http://www.hi-techammo.com/

Nwijoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Dirty D
    .30 carbine has given up the ghost.
    Locally your best bet would be Cabela's but I doubt they have any and certainly not cheap. Otherwise you can try these 2 sites.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=86&name=.30cal+Carbine
    and
    http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammunition
    (Granted this site does NOT have any right now)

Until the crazines dies down then add another 6 months the .30 carbine is going to be hard to come by unless you reload and even then bullets are hard to find. Since it's not one of the top common rifle calibers it gets 2nd tier treatment from the ammo makers so they won't focus on making more of it until they get the other common ammos (.223, .308, 7.62x39) supplied and out of backlog status.

But...but....OBAMA IS GOING TO TAKE MY GUNS! :oldwise: I don't reload, unfortunately, because I don't have money for equipment and I dont think I shoot enough to justify it - Though I have been saving most of my brass just in case. But yeah, I saw that Cabelas has boxes of 50 for like $15 I think, but that was months ago before the gun craze. Usually they have a variety. I just feel like buying the two ammos (.30 and .303) because I will be inheriting about 4-5 Lee Enfields and a Bren Gun when my 'Mentor' passes away.. I want to ensure that round stays prevalent in my lifetime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom