• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    7.62x39 AR15 is the one I'm shipping out today.

The 9mm AR15 sold for over $2K. But the buyer has no rating so I'm curious to see if the money shows up. That same gun had buyers with ratings bid over $2K but lost the gun by $10.00 so its still likely that I can sell it to one of the other bidders if the winning bidder doesn't pony up the cash.

Wow! People are stupid.

Congrats on the windfall!

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I believe it is "Revved up like a deuce." As in a car with duel carburetors. Like "Little deuce coupe" by the Beach Boys.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yes, it looks like it has three carburetors. I must not have been listening to my Dad when he was explaining it to me. So, it's revved up like a 1932 ford model B coupe.

I always thought of the Little Deuce Coupe as a sleeper, but looking at it "You would know what I got."

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ask Melensdad. I think he did that to Jedi.

I plead the 5th.

And as for cars, being one of the old guys here, the little deuce coupe refers to the year 1932, 2 door Ford. While a deuce and a quarter refers to a Buick Electra 225. A two barrel carb was a two barrel carb, and often they were strung together in series, 2 per cylinder. Holley 4 barrels were often in pairs, 1 per each 4 cylinders. I had a little Triumph TR6 with triple 2 barrel racing carbs that would spin the wheels almost every time you let off the clutch.

But that was 'back in the day' when we were not hampered by the EPA and could actually make cars perform better.

Now people paint their tail lights black to make them perform worse, and call that cool. Or they screw up their steering geometry by putting outrageous size rims on that f'up the suspensions too. Uh, we'd never dream of modding a car to make it perform worse than how it came from the factory. We were about making the car better. Swapping off the drums for disks, or upgrading the disk size and calipers, boring out the blocks, increasing the airflow through the intakes, opening up the exhausts to reduce back pressure, etc. :fogey:

Wow, and I always thought it was "Wrapped up like a Douche" :D
    Great . . . a lawyer who can't hear the sentence being handed down by the judge against his client.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Glad to see its "cornfusing" everyone.

I haven't seen Ghost on here.
    They still at the hospital?

Talked to him yesterday... I will see him tonite. They are dealing with the infection first, knee replacement second for Mrs. Ghost. She was in the hospital for over a week and will be in a long term care type facility to rest and get ongoing IV's with the antibiotics... I think for the most part Ghost has been really busy lately with the back and forths to the Hospital and fitting in a full work schedule as well...

Kinda status quo right now as far as I know... I m sure he will update soon...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just got a couple lights for the safe, much easier to see in there now. Also taped up all my mags with green electrical tape for easy ID as well as numbered them to keep a rough idea of use.

Looking into some gear (belt, mag holders, etc) to do a class this summer. Let's see how this hits the wallet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom