Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, turns out to have been the bulbs. Don't know how or why, replaced one, it worked and went to the other side, messed with it a little and it came on. Frustrating but at least that drama is over. I need several years paid vacation. And to win the lottery

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah doctor gave me a note to stay home until Monday. Bosses are gonna be sour about it but screw them, I played by their rules and got a note, they can't do anything.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yeah doctor gave me a note to stay home until Monday. Bosses are gonna be sour about it but screw them, I played by their rules and got a note, they can't do anything.

As a teacher, in the last few years before I retired, we had to have a note from a Dr. if we missed more than 2 days in a row.
    As someone who had perfect attendance many school years I thought it insulting, but funny, b/c people would take off 2 days for being sick, instead of the one needed.
    Before I knew about this rule, since I rarely called in sick for a day, after being out for 2 weeks b/c of surgery, I went back to school, and was sent home b/c I didn't have a note from the Dr. to be able to return. :D
    I laughed the whole time I was off that day, getting a Dr.'s note to go back to school like I was a kid that could be faking it.

Another time when I had been out really really sick for a couple of days, they reminded me to get a Dr.'s note before I returned.
    I was going back to school the next day, but the Dr. said I should stay home for 2-3 more day.
    So I did (I had 180 sick days saved up anyway). :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    As a teacher, in the last few years before I retired, we had to have a note from a Dr. if we missed more than 2 days in a row.
    As someone who had perfect attendance many school years I thought it insulting, but funny, b/c people would take off 2 days for being sick, instead of the one needed.
    Before I knew about this rule, since I rarely called in sick for a day, after being out for 2 weeks b/c of surgery, I went back to school, and was sent home b/c I didn't have a note from the Dr. to be able to return. :D
    I laughed the whole time I was off that day, getting a Dr.'s note to go back to school like I was a kid that could be faking it.

Another time when I had been out really really sick for a couple of days, they reminded me to get a Dr.'s note before I returned.
    I was going back to school the next day, but the Dr. said I should stay home for 2-3 more day.
    So I did (I had 180 sick days saved up anyway). :dunno:

One word

Liability!!!

Work does not want you back unless an "medical expert" says you are fit to return. Cause if you (whatever) at work due to your illness you can then use them cause they made you work when you were still recovering. :eyeroll:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom