• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Good day at the range!!!! Had a lot of fun met a bunch of great guys and girls. To everyone that made it Thank You for coming.

Got to try out a couple different guns... I want a p22 so bad now!!!!!

Got to see my first ever XD FTE.:dunno: I think Plague was limp wristing it!!:D

Ghost of Winter and I are going to be going to Kingsbury Thurday if anybody is interested.

Semperfi has a sweet M1,

Turnandshoot has a sweet ride I love the sunroof dude!!!

Plague took a bunch of video I guess will end up on YouTube.

Revelations has the heaviest AR I have ever shot makes for nice quick follow up shots just wouldn't wanna be carrying it around.

NWI40 has some nicely detailed XDs

Lots of Russian Mil surplus rifles out there, couple nice looking M44s

Got to test my SKS after Tapco conversion... Love it!!!:rockwoot:

It was a good day, hope to do it again.

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    It was a great time, Thanks to all who showed up. Saw all sorts of wierd stuff today, like a sig FTE :eek: twice in a row! And an XD FTE! :eek:

I rolled in, started to roll down the windows, and looked up in just enough time to notice Plague's girlfriend (?) was lined up with the M44 8 feet in front of me, and BOOOM! Nice. I wasn't wearing plugs so my ears were a little ringy after 5 rounds.

Did more talking than shooting, but I'm a jabber-jaw. I turned everyone on to the P22, sorry.

Ghost if you still want that .40 PM me, I got some I can let go.

Huzzah! for INGO!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I did alot of talking too. And trying to get people to shoot my stuff.

About the Sig FTF. It was horrible old Blazer Brass ammo. Cindy was dry. She hasn't been shot in 8 months or so.

I had a hearing protection moment too. NWI saw it. I was cleaning up and had my fingers in my ears. I saw my earmuffs on the table next to Val as she is shooting. So I tried to time my grab and put on my hearing protection. No luck. This is the one time she decides to double tap. Hello tinnitus.

A great time!

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    It is a good thing you guys are typing and not talking. It seemed like everytime we started a BS session and I pulled my plugs somebody wanted to shoot a Mosin Hand Cannon.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Got stuck with no ride. Daughter needed the truck for work and I just was not up to drivin stick today. Back was icky baaad!
    Sorry I missed all you people. Would have been nice to put some faces with handles.
    Always next time,
    crusty

GC Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    I don't know how I missed seeing this thread. I would have been there. I have a Long Branch NO4 MK1 that I want to try out. Maybe next time.

slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    Took my 15 year old niece. She did real good for her fist time! I'm proud of her, she took instruction very well. We were at the pistol range right in the middle. She loves my Ruger MK1. Not so much on the Mosquito, though. She really likes the Beretta 21A too. I too pics & video of her shooting. Kinda cool to look at it later. We both had a real good tome.
    Didn't know or recognize anyone from their pic on here.
    Maybe next time. :)

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Slottech WTF you were there and didn't see all of us??? Hell Ghost and his GF even had INGO hats.

If Fenway ever gets some INGO boonie hats I will have one too!!!!(Fenway this is a hint!!)

Sorry we didn't meet you dude.

Next time.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok..just got done having dinner with some friends and cleaning the handguns. Good to finally meet some of the folks on here. Plague, Good to meet you as well as your G/F and Blade. Yeah I know what you mean about the hand cannons. I was watching as Val was shooting the mosin and it was funny to watch her get kicked back from the recoil! her hair would blow back as if she was in riding in the wind on a bike. Kinda funny to see. Semperfi, good to meet you as well. Yeah SOMEONE just decided my next handgun purchase. the G/F has all but TOLD me that I have GOT to get one of them. I loved it as well. I can see myself shooting it all day long. :) MikeA, I know what you mean about the hearing protection. I would sit mine down so I could carry on a conversation with folks only to go scrambling to find them and put them BACK on. I think next time we will have to plan on talking as much as we shoot or more. Seeing how us BIG BOYS like to talk almost as much as we like to shoot and eat. Sadly I didn't try the Sig, but there is always next time. Looking forward to getting together again and shooting on thursday. We (G/F and I) are planning on getting to Kingsbury early on thursday morning (about 9ish) and shoot all day. Well shoot the **** and guns too LOL

Greg and Michelle (you decide who is the better half)

Last edited:

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    We (G/F and I) are planning on getting to Kingsbury early on thursday morning (about 9ish) and shoot all day. Well shoot the **** and guns too LOL

Greg and Michelle (you decide who is the better half)

Well, give me a call if you are official, I have over 180 clays that are just going to collect dust until I can find my way out to Kingsbury lol. I got plenty of shotgun shells as well and I have plenty of Mosin ammo. :ar15:

I'll get my friend (not a member here) to bring his 12ga as well. Spend the day bustin' clays! :rockwoot:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Well, give me a call if you are official, I have over 180 clays that are just going to collect dust until I can find my way out to Kingsbury lol. I got plenty of shotgun shells as well and I have plenty of Mosin ammo. :ar15:

I'll get my friend (not a member here) to bring his 12ga as well. Spend the day bustin' clays! :rockwoot:

I will be going too. If you or anybody you know happens to have an extra Mossberg 500 barrel I could borrow I can bring mine too. I don't think it would be very good for clays in it's current configuration,

Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    w00t for kingsbury...
    Anyway I just woke up a little while ago..
    Yes I went straight home and to bed after we left the range..
    It was fun meeting everyone..
    It was even fun to talk about my epic thread and actually face everyone lol..

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Hey Melensdad, I forgot my Camera, as well as my targets, Turn didn't have his, but Plague had a video cam. We can make pics from the video if you want.

I'm not sure if Plague's girlfriend's name is Val or not, but I know my Val didn't even touch the mosin. But it was good fun watching Plague's G/F take the mosin like a man. Hell I think she shot his mosin more than I shot mine!

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Didn't anyone bother to take a camera?

I have some video, I am in the process of editing and whatnot. Expect to see the video no later than Tuesday.

I didn't even think about it, I should have gotten us all together in a group for a picture. My video camera doesn't take very good pictures, but they are alright.

BTW, I will post up pictures of them members that were there, and I need you to identify yourself on here. I remember Ghost, Semperfi, turnandshoot, mikea. But I forgot who a couple people were on here. I will get the pictures up ASAP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom