• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    A lot of the guns he reviews are not his and he has no experience with them. What is the point? If I watch a review I want to know how it shoots, ease of maintenance, and if there are any issues. Not see some guy compare everything to a Glock. Yes I have watched some of his table top reviews. In fact he banned me from commenting on his videos. Guess he gets butt hurt to easily, and can not take criticism.

Which guns are you referring to? Every firearm review I've seen him do has been run through the sledgehammer or used in another video somewhere.

Also, about comparing everything to a Glock. I actually see the Glock as the baseline of what should be an acceptable firearm myself. It has everything I could ask for, high capacity, flawless reliability and comparatively light weight. That's why I ditched my S&W SW40VE 7 years ago for my Glock22Gen3(That is still my primary carry piece).

If you establish a baseline, why NOT compare everything else to it, either it's better, or it's worse.

Very few people will argue that anything is MORE reliable, lightweight or high capacity than a Glock. All the XD/1911 elitists are arguing the Form, not the function IMO.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Regarding the "sledgehammer" I think it's great that he's actually doing some sort of training with the guns and not just shooting from a bench like you see on 99% of the reviews out there. I doubt everyone here would ever agree on the perfect testing and training setup but at least give the man credit for using some of these guns the way they were intended.

Why does he have to be the owner of a gun to review it? Good lord the man would be broke in a heartbeat. If he's reviewing the gun of a friend or someone he knows and trusts that's good enough for me. At least I know the guns weren't cherry picked from the manufacturer and then sent to him.

I like that he doesn't always give a positive review also. Just look at him gripe abotu the SR9. When's the last time you ever a negative review in "guns & ammo", "field & stream", or even "gunblast.com". Nutnfancy doesn't pull punches because he's not getting paid by the manufacturers.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Which guns are you referring to? Every firearm review I've seen him do has been run through the sledgehammer or used in another video somewhere.

Also, about comparing everything to a Glock. I actually see the Glock as the baseline of what should be an acceptable firearm myself. It has everything I could ask for, high capacity, flawless reliability and comparatively light weight. That's why I ditched my S&W SW40VE 7 years ago for my Glock22Gen3(That is still my primary carry piece).

If you establish a baseline, why NOT compare everything else to it, either it's better, or it's worse.

Very few people will argue that anything is MORE reliable, lightweight or high capacity than a Glock. All the XD/1911 elitists are arguing the Form, not the function IMO.

I can not remember off the top of my head. It's been a while since I have watched any of his crap. Why not compare everything to one gun? That is called being biased. If I'm wanting info, on lets say a SR9c. I could care less about his Glock. One reason being is because I'm not a fan of Glock. What if I did reviews and compared everything to my FNP9. Would you take time to watch them, honestly? Especially if you where not a fan of FN's. I want to know about a particular gun, not what someone thinks is the standard. I'll use my own mind and experience to find what's right for me. I'll buy what works for me. Not go with the masses. I do not think any gun is the standard hands down. I stick with what works for me.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Regarding the "sledgehammer" I think it's great that he's actually doing some sort of training with the guns and not just shooting from a bench like you see on 99% of the reviews out there. I doubt everyone here would ever agree on the perfect testing and training setup but at least give the man credit for using some of these guns the way they were intended.

Why does he have to be the owner of a gun to review it? Good lord the man would be broke in a heartbeat. If he's reviewing the gun of a friend or someone he knows and trusts that's good enough for me. At least I know the guns weren't cherry picked from the manufacturer and then sent to him.

I like that he doesn't always give a positive review also. Just look at him gripe about the SR9. When's the last time you ever a negative review in "guns & ammo", "field & stream", or even "gunblast.com". Nutnfancy doesn't pull punches because he's not getting paid by the manufacturers.

So, if a friend of yours handed you a gun and said it's great. You would just automatically take his word for it? Maybe that gun works well for him, but it may not for you. I would want to shoot it myself, and make my own conclusions. Not just take someones word for it. That's just me. Other peoples opinions can be very helpful, but it's up to you to make the final conclusions.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Like it or not the glock is the standard all others are judged by these days. When people talk about 1911's the usually complaint is that it doesn't hold as much ammo as a glock, but it looks better. When people talk about a beretta m9 they talk about the capacity, but not quite as reliable as a glock. When people talk about XD's they're saying that the grip is better/worse than a glock and almost as reliable. The point is not to put glocks on the pedistal, but to use a common gun that's been around for a while and talked about enough that most people generally understand what's meant by the comparison. I'm not trying to push glocks and it does get annoying when I see it in his videos all the time, but I've come to accept that whether I like it or not glocks are what all other guns are judged by these days.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So, if a friend of yours handed you a gun and said it's great. You would just automatically take his word for it? Nope, I'd take his word for what's it's worth, but it does give me another perspective other than my own to consider. I try to learn from other people if it's possible, because I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel. Maybe that gun works well for him, but it may not for you. I would want to shoot it myself, and make my own conclusions. Not just take someones word for it. That's just me. Other peoples opinions can be very helpful, but it's up to you to make the final conclusions.

What I was getting at is that he borrows guns and puts them through a test and plays with them himself. Lot of guys let buddies shoot their guns at a range to try them out while considering a purchase. If he didn't borrow guns to review, he'd be broke.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Like it or not the glock is the standard all others are judged by these days. When people talk about 1911's the usually complaint is that it doesn't hold as much ammo as a glock, but it looks better. When people talk about a beretta m9 they talk about the capacity, but not quite as reliable as a glock. When people talk about XD's they're saying that the grip is better/worse than a glock and almost as reliable. The point is not to put glocks on the pedistal, but to use a common gun that's been around for a while and talked about enough that most people generally understand what's meant by the comparison. I'm not trying to push glocks and it does get annoying when I see it in his videos all the time, but I've come to accept that whether I like it or not glocks are what all other guns are judged by these days.

I do not see it that way though. I do not think any gun should be the the basis for all others. A gun is what it is. Either you like it or you do not. For example, the 92FS was used by many LEO agencies before Glock. So, should it be used a base line?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I do not see it that way though. I do not think any gun should be the the basis for all others. A gun is what it is. Either you like it or you do not. For example, the 92FS was used by many LEO agencies before Glock. So, should it be used a base line?

The point of a benchmark is to have some sort of reference. For an example my wife and I are considering a minivan and we use the Honda Odessy to compare everything to because my brother bought one after doing his own research. You wouldn't have to use the glocks as the benchmark and you could use the 92FS if you wanted to. It's just about seeing where different values stack up when looking at all the options available.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    The point of a benchmark is to have some sort of reference. For an example my wife and I are considering a minivan and we use the Honda Odessy to compare everything to because my brother bought one after doing his own research. You wouldn't have to use the glocks as the benchmark and you could use the 92FS if you wanted to. It's just about seeing where different values stack up when looking at all the options available.

Excellent point/post. Anyone merely saying, "This gun shoots well," or "This is an excellent pack," is pretty much a useless piece of information without trying to find and/or establish common points of reference to enable an informed comparison to be made. He tries to provide information, good or bad, as to why he does or does not like a product. He states his preferences and personal opinions as a way to help establish a baseline for evaluation of the gear he reviews... OMIGOD!!! A personal opinion that may be different from one's own...how terrible!! The horror!! :rolleyes:

Many of the haters imply they can do it better or know more, but they never seem able to have enough of a hairy pair to man up and make their own videos, share their knowledge/uber-bad operator skills, and put *their* face out there...

And yes...I practice what I preach:

YouTube - BushidoDevildog's Channel

Last edited:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Excellent point/post. Anyone merely saying, "This gun shoots well," or "This is an excellent pack," is pretty much a useless piece of information without trying to find and/or establish common points of reference to enable an informed comparison to be made. He tries to provide information, good or bad, as to why he does or does not like a product. He states his preferences and personal opinions as a way to help establish a baseline for evaluation of the gear he reviews... OMIGOD!!! A personal opinion that may be different from one's own...how terrible!! The horror!! :rolleyes:

Many of the haters imply they can do it better or know more, but they never seem able to have enough of a hairy pair to man up and make their own videos, share their knowledge/uber-bad operator skills, and put *their* face out there...

:+1: well said, I'm out of rep for today, I'll get ya tomorrow!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    :+1: well said, I'm out of rep for today, I'll get ya tomorrow!

+1, Don't worry. I got him.

Everyone out there is an expert, all you have to do is ask them, but you won't see their videos or see them taking up their time to make one, let alone distribute it for free.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    +1, Don't worry. I got him.

Everyone out there is an expert, all you have to do is ask them, but you won't see their videos or see them taking up their time to make one, let alone distribute it for free.

??

I find this kind of hilarious considering there is a whole new section on INGO dedicated to reviews done by members. :dunno:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Also, everyone likes to focus in on his "Firearms reviews" but those are just a small part of his project. TNP isn't about living and breathing firearms, firearms are just a small part of the larger mindset picture.

I've never seen his gear reviews. I can't take him at face value for the gear reviews after seeing a couple of his firearms reviews.

He may have a great political POV. If I want that, I'm listening to Dave Champion with my time, not this guy.

You mention TNP hating. For me, I don't think of him. I could care less.

If you like him, thats cool if that's your... fanny bag :lmfao:
    I think Pro is talking about his firearms reviews. He reviews firearms he doesn't personally own but were either given to him to review or they belong to someone else.

Personally, I don't care either way. If I watch a review of a new firearm, I'm just curious about two things, 1) how does it shoot and 2) I want to see it taken apart and inspect the guts. I also don't mind hearing if they encounter any problems. Most of the time reviewers edit out failures... which bugs me. If I encounter a failure, I include it in the video.

Yep.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I've never seen his gear reviews. I can't take him at face value for the gear reviews after seeing a couple of his firearms reviews.

He may have a great political POV. If I want that, I'm listening to Dave Champion with my time, not this guy

Thanks for the new dude to check out, also it's not really politically structured as philosophically structured. I like his way of looking at things.

You mention TNP hating. For me, I don't think of him. I could care less.

Oh, not specifically you, just the general "anti" associated with his "reviews". I would just say people should look past the "gear" and maybe give a listen to some of the philosophical stuff.

If you like him, thats cool if that's your... fanny bag :lmfao:

Yep.

hehe, no fanny bag for me!!!

And yeah, I cringe every time I see him reach for it...

I'm always like dude, if you can't carry it on you without a Murse, you probably don't need it.:D

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    ??

I find this kind of hilarious considering there is a whole new section on INGO dedicated to reviews done by members. :dunno:

TNP has been around for years, INGO just started a "review" section a week ago....:ingo: Good for INGO but Nutn has been pouring blood sweat and tears into TNP for much longer.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    TNP has been around for years, INGO just started a "review" section a week ago....:ingo: Good for INGO but Nutn has been pouring blood sweat and tears into TNP for much longer.

Not my point. My point is that others ARE making videos and doing reviews, just not in the sheer quantity of this guy. That's all. As much as some of the people on here think it is, INGO is not the only firearms related website on the web. So take all the other gun/survival/whatever related sites on the net and look at how many reviews they have. Others ARE doing reviews.

So the argument that "people complain but don't do their own" doesn't hold water. People just don't do as MANY as "TNP."

I get it, the guy get's off on being internet famous. I have no problem with that. But for me personally his videos don't offer that much.

Top Bottom