• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Shocking behavior..... I'm having difficulty deciding who to root for.........

gw-itcrowdmosspopcorn.gif

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm sorry I missed seeing your professional qualifications in making such claim specific to myself, and family's situation. Sorry bro, it you that haven't a clue, and it's amazing the hubris you have, without knowing any specifics involving a particular situation, in assuming how I can relate to a specific person, completely unknown to you, and well known to me.

Ah. I'll just leave this here then.

Just because someone is black, they have a similiar background? My ex-wife grew up in the projects of Jersey City with a single parent and in poverty. I had a guy in my company who grew up middle class with both parents on a ranch in Texas. Both were black. How are their backgrounds similar? Skin color =/= background, and again goes toward an expectation of a monolithic black culture.

As for your wife, and the guy from Texas. I can assure you that if she was the poorest of the poor, and the guy the richest of the rich, they would have very similar experiences. Ask your wife.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...conspiracy-against-black-history-month-5.html

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And you think shutting down a military memorial is causing veterans to kill themselves?

This is why people are saying you don't understand. LIVING WITH SOMEONE is not the same as BEING THAT SOMEONE. By that logic, I understand what its like to be pregnant.

A mentally healthy vet will shrug and move on. A vet on the brink takes it as further proof no one cares about him and his service.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    This is why people are saying you don't understand. LIVING WITH SOMEONE is not the same as BEING THAT SOMEONE. By that logic, I understand what its like to be pregnant.

A mentally healthy vet will shrug and move on. A vet on the brink takes it as further proof no one cares about him and his service.

If the argument is that, since I didn't experience something myself, then I don't have the same insight as a person who did, then I agree.

But, if the argument is that the ONLY way anyone can have ANY insight about a thing is to live through it, I'm not sure that I do.

If a woman wants to know what it's like to be pregnant, I would say my wife could offer much more useful information than I could, but that doesn't mean that I could offer nothing of value.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I'll post it again, since it was either ignored or missed.

Obama honors veterans, promises benefits - CBS News

'He said his administration is working to clear the backlog of disability benefits and treatments. "No veteran should have to wait months or years for the benefits that you've earned, so we will continue to attack the claims backlog. We won't let up. We will not let up," he said.'

Did I mention the date of the above link from which this quote is excerpted?
    November 12, 2012
    Bazzzing!

and you believed him?

Cause nothing has changed.
    Nothing.
    Worse if anything.
    He said that because he was being beaten up in the press. Afterword it was dropped with a thud you could hear on the DMZ.
    You honestly think he is for cutting retirement but fixing the VA and Vet care?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If the argument is that, since I didn't experience something myself, then I don't have the same insight as a person who did, then I agree.

But, if the argument is that the ONLY way anyone can have ANY insight about a thing is to live through it, I'm not sure that I do.

If a woman wants to know what it's like to be pregnant, I would say my wife could offer much more useful information than I could, but that doesn't mean that I could offer nothing of value.

We're on the same page. You can empathize, you can have understanding at some level, but what you cannot say is "I know what its like." You don't. You have an imaginary version in your head, but that's unlikely to be the same reality.

None of us here has tried pickle flavored ice cream. As soon as you read that you get an impression of what it would taste like. Our brain runs simulations, so to speak, as part of our foresight into taking actions. We all probably agree we would not like pickle ice cream even though we haven't tried it. The issue is our confidence in our foresight is vastly overrated in our own heads. We believe we know what it tastes like when what we really have is a guess, and that's bound to be different than the reality to a greater or lesser degree.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    and you believed him?

Cause nothing has changed.
    Nothing.
    Worse if anything.
    He said that because he was being beaten up in the press. Afterword it was dropped with a thud you could hear on the DMZ.
    You honestly think he is for cutting retirement but fixing the VA and Vet care?

Believed him?
    Goodness no!
    Also, take not again of the date on that: November of 2012, right at the election and well over a year, nearly two years before the VA scandal.
    IOW, he was criticizing the previous president (yeah, president for four years, but it's still the other guy's fault, right?) and promising to see to it that the VA treated veterans better.
    Fast forward to early last year, and we find out that scores of veterans were warehoused to die of ailments, hopped up on drugs (one doctor was dubbed the "Candyman" for all the drugs he was prescribing), while many VA employees took bonuses, then retired in haste once they were caught, all to avoid consequences.
    This sorry excuse talks a good game, but when it comes to it, it's all talk; and when the feces hits the spinning blades, he'll blame someone else, with the media happily echoing him all the way.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

Bingo.... Winner. Winner Chicken Dinner..

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I don't find myself agreeing with Kut a whole lot. But I've got to say, he's right on in his original post. For Ted to say this is pretty despicable. There are a lot of reasons vets kill themselves, and it's extremely tragic when they do. I highly doubt any of them are waking up and offing themselves because Obama is in office anymore than they did because Bush was in. One could say they've both contributed to the problem, but I don't think Obama or Bush is the last thought before that bullet rips through the brain. This is a real issue, and "Uncle Ted" is making it a political football. I always found him entertaining, and even agreed with him from time to time. But I've lost all respect for him in my book. As for Kut, I don't think he is asserting that he himself experiences everything a troubled veteran does, but that his life experiences (which none of us are familiar with) have given him unique insight. If they weren't so private and even painful, possibly, he might clue us in. Frankly, I'm surprised people are sticking up for Nugent and his comments. If someone else had just said the same thing about Bush, how outraged would you all be? "Oh, it's just Uncle Ted." Well, Uncle Ted needs to grow up or shut up. But, this is the same bunch that was celebrating someone's death last night, so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    At least Nugent doesn't fly to third world countries ordering up ladyboys and twelve year old girls like your hero Menendez and William Jefferson Hilljack did.

My hero? I'm no certain, but I'm thinking I've NEVER mentioned the name Menendez, ever, on this site. And no idea about the Clinton reference. If you're trying to gain a bit of clout with other members in opposing me, how about you come up with something based in fact to point out. Trust me, there's a bunch of stuff.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    At least Nugent doesn't fly to third world countries ordering up ladyboys and twelve year old girls like your hero Menendez and William Jefferson Hilljack did.

Wow, I think I just saw someone rationalize pedophilia. It is ok to do something bad, as long as someone else does something worse. Nice. :facepalm:

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I don't find myself agreeing with Kut a whole lot. But I've got to say, he's right on in his original post. For Ted to say this is pretty despicable. There are a lot of reasons vets kill themselves, and it's extremely tragic when they do. I highly doubt any of them are waking up and offing themselves because Obama is in office anymore than they did because Bush was in. One could say they've both contributed to the problem, but I don't think Obama or Bush is the last thought before that bullet rips through the brain. This is a real issue, and "Uncle Ted" is making it a political football. I always found him entertaining, and even agreed with him from time to time. But I've lost all respect for him in my book. As for Kut, I don't think he is asserting that he himself experiences everything a troubled veteran does, but that his life experiences (which none of us are familiar with) have given him unique insight. If they weren't so private and even painful, possibly, he might clue us in. Frankly, I'm surprised people are sticking up for Nugent and his comments. If someone else had just said the same thing about Bush, how outraged would you all be? "Oh, it's just Uncle Ted." Well, Uncle Ted needs to grow up or shut up. But, this is the same bunch that was celebrating someone's death last night, so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

The military majority loved Bush, even with some of the things he had to do. They knew he had little choice.

But I have watched Obama hang an MOH on a soldier and wished it would have been someone else doing it.

(personal opinion and worth the same as your is, what you paid for it)

rosefarm10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Milford
    Going back to the original post. Ted is Ted, enough said. I hired a Vietnam Vet 4 weeks ago. Took a rocket to the chest after it went through his best friend in front of him. One of the best guys you will ever meet. Never complains, polite, always on time. Tons of respect for everyone who has served on my behalf. I personally do not think I will ever be able to understand what they've been through.

Top Bottom