• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • np241or

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    So i am talking guns with a coworker and he is complaining about midwest gun exchange selling all the 9mm ammo to one guy. Than he says that "the NRA is the reason that ammo prices are so high".I asked him how he came upon that reasoning, he said "the NRA big wigs have stock in the ammo companies.. i said that we as gun owners buying up all the ammo is not helping . So, I never heard this one before.:patriot:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    :dunno: My 401K and IRAs are in mutual funds. Maybe I own stock in the ammo companies? So maybe I am the reason prices are high.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    So... he still failed to establish the connection. The NRA is telling the ammo companies to raise prices? because none of the ammo companies know how to run a business? Because the laws of supply and demand were created by the NRA?

The NRA caused Global Warming!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hotdogs kill a lot of kids.

Mmmmmmmm............Hotdogs. Best when grilled and washed down with a 32 oz Dr. Pepper. Grilled meat causes cancer and pop causes diabetes. Hail Mayor Blomberg and ban large soda and fatty meats.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

np241or

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    O ya this is also the guy that brought his guns into work and showed everybody from the back of his truck, he was waving an AR around in the parking lot. He had a guy over that was staying with a neighbor and showed him his assortment, two weeks later all but one of his weapons were stolen and the guy is long gone . Co-worker found out later that this guy was stealing from other people on his block, I think its probably a good thing that co-worker doesnt have is armory any more. Co-worker is known at work for his stupidity, he never dissapoints. Luckily no one has died from it .....yet.:ar15:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We all know it....at least I think we do.

Ammo prices were going to rise a little bit because of greater demand for the raw materials that go into ammo around the world.

HOWEVER, the real reason prices are so higher is a lack of supply and the lack of supply is due to panic and overbuying....and people, because of the panic, willing to pay high prices. Here is an interesting perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjVqZ_--0Cs

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

Ammo prices were going to rise a little bit because of greater demand for the raw materials that go into ammo around the world.

HOWEVER, the real reason prices are so higher is a lack of supply and the lack of supply is due to panic and overbuying....and people, because of the panic, willing to pay high prices. Here is an interesting perspective:

DHS buying billions of rounds has nothing to do with it. :)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Putting out bids for the next 5 years....how much has been delivered? And if that is the reason....are the ammo companies we clearly support on "our" side?

....but I'll sign on that it may have something to do with it.....what are they planning to use all the .22LR for? My 9mm supply is pretty decent, but I'm not comfortable with my .22 LR situation.

Darn DHS must be preparing for zombies....or squirrels....or....uh oh....zombie squirrels!!!

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjVqZ_--0Cs

Watched it. Could probably be a whole other thread. Will get jumped on by the Capitalist lot, but I think this guy pretty much nails it on the head. The manufacturers are making this stuf fast and people are buying the hell out of it and selling it for at least twice as much. He's right. There is no ammo shortage, just a kink in the supply chain.

Top Bottom