• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    Police sources tell 7 Action News that a women’s basketball coach from Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School shot two men who attacked him as he was walking two basketball players to their cars in the school parking lot.

Police sources say the coach was walking the two girls to their cars when two men allegedly approached and one pulled out a gun and grabbed him by his chain necklace. The coach then pulled out his gun and shot both of them, according to sources.

The man who shot the attackers was 70 years old, according to police.

One of the attackers was found dead in the median on Lafayette Boulevard, and the other was taken to a local hospital, according to police sources. We've learned that both of the men had attended the high school, and one had been recently expelled.

Police sources say the coach has a Concealed Pistol License and is reportedly a reserve police officer. They say he is fully cooperating with authorities.

Well, that turned out well, considering.

Martin Luther King Jr. High School coach shoots attackers

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    This is good, he protected himself and 2 female students......

Sure does seem to be a lot of this kind of crime lately..... it is actually migrating out towards my area!

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Do you have children that go to school there?

No. I did, but they are all grown.

Teachers are not allowed to carry weapons at school. Do the Indiana schools allow any teacher to carry a firearm? I suspect they do not. CC (except for parking lots) is also prohibited in schools for parents. However, open carry is allowed.

Our governor just found out about that, so now he wants to prohibit that in law. And he is a Republican. He does not like OC.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    They need to get rid of that nonsense asap.

We had a bill pass in the legislature last session that allowed CC in K-12 schools, but right after it passed the House and the Senate and before it went to the governor's desk for his signature, the CT Sandy Hook school shooting took place and he vetoed it.

:rolleyes:

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    No. I did, but they are all grown.

Teachers are not allowed to carry weapons at school. Do the Indiana schools allow any teacher to carry a firearm? I suspect they do not. CC (except for parking lots) is also prohibited in schools for parents. However, open carry is allowed.

Our governor just found out about that, so now he wants to prohibit that in law. And he is a Republican. He does not like OC.

Indiana is an odd combination..... Gun Free but schools can authorize any one to be security and carry a gun..... teachers included!

Indiana law lets teachers carry guns in school » Breaking News » The Herald Bulletin

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    schools can authorize any one to be security and carry a gun..... teachers included!

So can Michigan, but in practice none do. That's what I mean. No teachers can carry a gun in MI schools as far as I know. If they do, it's on an individual basis, and I've never heard of it.

Even though OC is allowed in schools by law, if any teacher did it I think they would be fired by contract.

Top Bottom