NOTICE THE NEW PHONE BOOK COVER? PRO 2ND!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Beat me to it!

But seriously it is a good idea because old people use phone books and they also vote.
    This ^^^

So many old people I know, I've tried to show them they can look it up instantly on their phone or on a computer but they still dig out the phone book and flip page after page.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    At least your area still has a phone book. We just received ours in the mail the other day, and it looks more like a pamphlet, with a cover that looks more like a place mat in a mom & pop restaurant with all the local business adds on it. It never was that big, but with the rise of cell phones, the phone book has given way to the phone pamphlet, lol.

At least yours is pretty cool, I would frame that cover when the next one comes in.

corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo
    thats awesome.
    you should see what our senators are indroducing. indiana bill 230

Applicability of federal law in Indiana. Provides that any federal act, order, law, rule, regulation, or statute found by the general assembly to be inconsistent with the power granted to the federal government in the Constitution of the United States is void in Indiana

Introduced Version, Senate Bill 0230

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's not very politically correct and I like it.

I do have a serious question to anybody that was mocking the phone book--Is there a decent, free site for looking up residential phone numbers any more?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just about any phone these days - whitepages.com

Works on the computer too.

I must be doing it wrong. I've tried them before and several others that look an awful lot like that site and it never gives you the actual phone number unless you're willing to pay a buck to get it. Like I said, I must be doing it wrong.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Interesting, it used to provide numbers back when I used it. Not seeing numbers for non-businesses on it.

Strange.

I only use them for reverse phone these days to find out who that name on my cell phone caller ID is since cell phones, unlike land lines, don't apparently have the ability to display the number *and* the name.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I do have a serious question to anybody that was mocking the phone book--Is there a decent, free site for looking up residential phone numbers any more?

WTH is a residential phone? That's like a regular phone that you can't use outside of the house, right?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    WTH is a residential phone? That's like a regular phone that you can't use outside of the house, right?

Yep.

You city slickers, with the constant, reliable cell phone coverage are spoiled. One of the minor inconveniences of living without traffic and neighbors 6 feet from you is spotty cell phone coverage. So, land lines are still a necessity for us hilljacks.:D

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yep.

You city slickers, with the constant, reliable cell phone coverage are spoiled. One of the minor inconveniences of living without traffic and neighbors 6 feet from you is spotty cell phone coverage. So, land lines are still a necessity for us hilljacks.:D
    But you can step outside and shoot any time of the day, right? :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yep.

Pfft. It's like being a caveman.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    We keep a copy that's a few years old around for reference. A lot of people still have the phones bit have stopped listing the number. Since people rarely change the number they have the older book comes in a lot of use.

Top Bottom