• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Had a trail camera out all season last year no problems at all, left it all winter to see what went on after deer season... Went back to put fresh batterys in it and a diffrent memory card and you know it, ITS GONE !!!! Im pissed off like know other :xmad:, they even took the metal fence post it was mounted to... WTF, Nothing I hate worse then a thief, they are the scum if the earth... They better hope I don't find out who got it, there will be hell to pay.. waaa2 That cost me, the camera the memory card and the loss of what deer were still alive after season.... Eeeerrrrrr

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I'm sorry man, that sucks!
    My uncle lost (had stolen) 4 trail cams he set up for bear out west within 3 weeks.

If you have serial numbers, you could watch for them to show up on craigslist

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I'm sorry man, that sucks!
    My uncle lost (had stolen) 4 trail cams he set up for bear out west within 3 weeks.

If you have serial numbers, you could watch for them to show up on craigslist
    I don't think they will sell it, they took the post it was mounted to aswell.. I have a good idea of who took it, there was a guy hunting the same place as me and the land owner kicked him out so I believe it was him... Hes the only one that knew it was there besides me and the land owner ? I cant prove it but time will tell, he has a big mouth and will brag about it... They had to wait for everything to thaw out because it was there during the winter because I put fresh batterys in it after deer season was over to see what made it thru deer season.... Sorry to hear you uncle lost 4 cameras... I would be livid if I had 4 stolen.... Won't be putting anymore cameras out there till there is a locked gate put up and the land owner and I are the only ones with a key... The land owner is pissed too so there won't be anyone else getting permission to hunt there soon...

Last edited:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I guess I should say why the other guy got kicked off the farm I hunt, he had shot 3 does and didn't find any of them ... He had told the land owner he shot a doe and when going back didn't find it, this happened 3 times and the land owner got pissed and told him not to come back... It happens but 3 times in just weeks is a bit much... I killed 2 does off that land last year, one for me and one for the land owner and I paid for all the processing for mine and his.. I shot a buck off another farm I have, I got about 6 farms total but his is one of the best I got...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This is why we can't have nice things. I feel for ya. Been the victim of theft a few times. None of them small ticket items either.

Perhaps next year a trail cam to watch the trail cam. A locked gate won't keep them out though. Unless it's attached to a full perimeter fence that's 8' high and topped with concertina wire.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    This is why we can't have nice things ...

Did EVERYBODY's mothers say that? It seems to be universal.

"I can't have anything nice around here because of you kids!" screamed my mother immediately following the crash that the ceramic black panther made as it hit the floor and smashed into smithereens after I had successfully lassoed it.

And, by "you kids," she really just meant me. :rolleyes:

(Sorry for the momentary derailment. Carry on ... )

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Karma will catch up with all of us. Last year I had my ladder stand stolen on my property. Opening day so I fell in behind a cottonwood on the creek and right after daylight a nice buck came in at 15 yds. I stuck him solid and he didn't go 50'. I wouldn't have seen him IF I had been on stand.
    EDIT: year before last.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Karma will catch up with all of us. Last year I had my ladder stand stolen on my property. Opening day so I fell in behind a cottonwood on the creek and right after daylight a nice buck came in at 15 yds. I stuck him solid and he didn't go 50'. I wouldn't have seen him IF I had been on stand.
    EDIT: year before last.
    Well, that's good for you, but when you said Karma would catch up, I sorta had high hopes that the douche who stole it fell from it and broke both legs or something similar.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    That's just plain :poop: to have someone steal, not only what you bought, but what you took time to set up and put to use, etc. :xmad:

Though, TBH, there ARE some guys I hate a LOT worse than thieves. Like Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (ISIS, killed by U.S. 2006) and Abu Bakr-al-Baghdadi (ISIS / ISIL). You know, those two psychos sawing off heads and crucifying the innocent.

Then again, they're likely thieves, too.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mushroom season is when I move cameras high and mount them so they can watch each other. Ticks do a good job of keeping people off my place in the summer, mine are out there all year.:)

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I know how that feel, but my loss wasn't anything just about 12 pennies. Forgot to lock the car after working, came out to check the mail and dismayed to see car door was opened. The pennies are gone. What dumb thief would need to steal 12 cents??

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Crime of opportunity. Criminals are lazy, you have to out work the criminal to win. Left in woods equal haul in a ladder to mount it or don't do it at all.

There is no such thing as untouched spaces or secret places..........................even before Google maps.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Airborne18th

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    That is a bummer man. Every time I put them out I think about that. Luckily nothings happened. Maybe you will catch the trespasser out there this year. Keep the Sheriff or DNR on speed dial

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    while archery hunting for deer I came across a tree stand. The stand was pointed up at almost 45 degrees and had a huge nest built in it..I was able to climb the tree and removed the stand. It had a wooden platform and was almost totally rotted out..i took the stand home and cleaned it up and replaced the wood..I took it back to the same woods and set it up about 20 yards away from where I found it...about a week later it was stolen..maybe the original owner decided I did a good job and took it back. LOL

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A friend of mine had an in ground gasoline tank at his house in the country. He started having gas stolen. They even shot out his dusk to dawn light to be able to hide better. When he emptied the the tank he filled it with water. Within a week he came home one evening and not far from his driveway was a car broke down on the side of the road. It was a boy that knew his daughter. My buddy confronted him about the gas and the kid admitted to stealing the gas. A phone call to the boys dad ended with the boy working off the stolen gas. My buddy felt bad about messing up the car and called the boys dad and told him that water had gotten into the tank. The guy thanked him and said that explained a lot of problems they were having with the car. It had a full tank of "Gas" but wouldn't start. The thief's dad had to pay to have the tank dropped, emptied and replaced. Filled it with fresh paid for gas and it started right up.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    A buddy of mine had a gas can stolen from the back of his truck on two seperate occasions. So he filled another gas can with gas AND SUGAR. Sure enough it was stolen, by who he hoped, had stolen the other two.

Top Bottom