• ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    NSFW - LANGUAGE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWH8gvSflTc]YouTube - G20 Chilling Arrest ~ by Men in Military Fatigues ~ Some Kinda Scary **** Man!![/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Looks normal to me after we continue to allow Obama, Pelosi & Reid to strip away "Our" Constitutional Rights and the Anointed One is returned to his Throne by ACORN in 2012 :rolleyes:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Could be cops, could be some .gov agency, could be staged. We don't know. How the "arrest" itself is conducted is what bothers me - looks more like an abduction...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Could be cops, could be some .gov agency, could be staged. We don't know. How the "arrest" itself is conduct is what bothers me - looks more like an abduction...

Working from the basic assumption that they had legal cause to make the arrest to begin with, that was a perfectly conducted arrest in that situation.

In a violatile crowd control situation like that, you pick your target, you get in, get him/her, and gtfo. It doesn't give the crowd time to attack you, and is safer for officers and citizens.

These protestors are waging warfare on our streets. That's just the plain truth. I've been looking for evidence of abuses, ala Seattle a few years back, but so far everything I've read and seen has indicated very professional police work, and exceptionally reasonable use of force by .gov.

Bound to be a few abuses in heated situations like that pop up, but so far nothing as widespread as what happened in Seattle. Looks to me like they prepared and trained hard for this event.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    uhhhhh, that looks scary as all hell to me....

Hope some media outlet can get a look at this and dig into it further.

What i want to know its what happened at :19 that made everyone put their hands up?

Why are the "military" running around in the old BDUs?

Can anyone ID the police agency in the left of frame from :24 on?

Can anyone tell if this is actually Philly?

Last edited by a moderator:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What i want to know its what happened at :19 that made everyone put their hands up?

I only saw one or two people that did so, and it seemed to be in reaction to the police officer in black that can be seen moving out of the frame to the left.

One guy is wearing Woodland BDUs; the other guy dragging the protester and the one driving the car are wearing Multicam, which is a pattern not in widespread military use. That leads me to believe they are cops or non-military .gov.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    uhhhhh, that looks scary as all hell to me....

Hope some media outlet can get a look at this and dig into it further.

Can anyone ID the police agency in the left of frame from :24 on?

Can anyone tell if this is actually Philly?

G20 is being held in Pittsburgh.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The soldiers, (and that's what they are) are from the National Guard units that are being used in the area. Here. Guess we know what to expect in the future.

In a related matter, they're also using the LRAD sonic weapons against the protesters. Videos at the source. They don't seem to be too effective.

So far these protesters have been relatively peaceful and they're not all from the Marxists crowd, either. There's a bit of over reaction on the part of the authorities.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    According to the news story posted:
    "During the mission, dubbed Operation Steel Kickoff, the Guardsmen will fall under the direction of the U.S. Secret Service and will support local, state and federal agencies. Guard members will serve as a regional response force, augment law-enforcement personnel, provide crowd and traffic control, and help with security."

Posse Comitatus (yeay Wikipedia!):
    The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (today the Army, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.

Where is the G20 summit being held? If its on Federal property, maybe this is a loophole? Still, this look pretty bad on the video. They do look like mil, but I dont know. They have old camo and came only in one unmarked car (I would suspect the real mil would have a whole wave of hard, pipe hitting goons sweep across the protesters).

I have watched alot of videos of the protests, most are peaceful. There was one of them rolling a dumpster at the police line and throwing rocks (not exactly peaceful). Sonic cannon? Didn't see that working a whole lot. :D On one hand, I hate violent or even "peaceful" (still have violence) protests. On the other, I absolutely abhor government running amok with our rights and their powers.

Top Bottom