• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Dude, you aren't taking advantage of your thread. You should be responding intelligently to people's posts.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    The Wal-Marts down here in the southern part of the state have the mossy combo's for $279. A used one shouldn't run any more than $150. If they are asking for more than that's too much.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I have the 500 it's my bedside gun. Can't beat it for the price. I even bought one for my son when they were on sale. I thought I wanted the 20" version with the stock and pistol grip until I got it in my hands. It felt too long and unballanced and hitting the latch to unlock the pump was very uncomfortable. I ended up with the 18.5" barrel, holds less rounds but felt just right in my hands and $100 less.

groundhog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Munster
    I own a Mossberg 500 Tactical 18.5" and 28" for HD and range. Glad I own it. The forend is loose, but if you don’t think that will bother you then I recommend it. It’s a great value. Check one out before you buy, to get the feel of the forend.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I own a 500, with the pistol grips, and 18" barrel, and LOVE it. Only thing I can't stand is the loose fore-end. Mine is completely blacked out, just a mean look, not too big, and an effin blast to shoot. Would reccomend it!

-MColford

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    sorry guys im not new but i have been away from ingo for a while and im back and looking for a mossberg 500 tactical shotgun for home defense and i need more posts so i can post a new thread. so guys tell me what kind of home defense shotguns you guys have and what you think of the mossberg 500.

Both the REM 870 and Moss 500 are good pump SG. If they were not they would of been taken off the market a long time ago.

One thing to note on the Moss 500. When you put a pistol grip on it you change the way your hand grips the SG and thus the "ejector button" (ie. the button that you use if you have 1 in the chamber and want to eject it inside of fire it) on the left side of the SG is no longer within reach UNLESS you move your hand off the pistol grip. When you have the regular stock this is not the case on the Moss 500.

This is the EXACT opposite of the REM 870. When you have the "normal stock" on it (non pistol grip) the ejector button is out of reach. When you add the pistol grip the button is now in reach more naturally.

Something to think about when picking your SG.

In terms of aftermakert stuff BOTH had a ton of stuff you can add to them.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Head over to the Break Room. You can churn out teh poasts in all kinds of threads there. You got some funny pics? Post them in the Funny Pic thread. Each pic is one post of goodness.

Then there's always the "Hey! Howyadoin'?" posts you can post in the n00b welcome area.

There's tons of places where you can build up that post count here.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I wouldn't have any issues recommending either a Moss 500 or 870 as a home defense shotgun. Both will do the job without any issues. The real decisions comes down to how smooth you want the action and what that is worth to you. Outside of smoothness the guns are similar enough that there isn't much to discuss. Just find the best deal and pull the trigger.

~STOLEN~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Greenwood, Indiana
    bradis had a rem 870 tactical that was a od green color this weekend for 400.00
    sounded like a good deal, but their 12ga start at like 200 bucks i think..
    ya get what ya pay for

Top Bottom