• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmiller07

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    sorry guys im not new but i have been away from ingo for a while and im back and looking for a mossberg 500 tactical shotgun for home defense and i need more posts so i can post a new thread. so guys tell me what kind of home defense shotguns you guys have and what you think of the mossberg 500.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Spend the ten bucks or just go make a couple sentences in 50 threads, shouldn't take long.

I used to give you guys grief but the classifieds are a big draw and more members means more advertising dollars so go for it!!

bmiller07

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    yeah that cruiser has the pistol grip right? they look sweet with the pistol grip. do you have and jamming problems or have you upgraded your spring already?

bmiller07

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Spend the ten bucks or just go make a couple sentences in 50 threads, shouldn't take long.

I used to give you guys grief but the classifieds are a big draw and more members means more advertising dollars so go for it!!
    spend ten bucks for what?

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I have an early Stainless model 500 with a folding stock and love mine.

It's been exposed to the salty environments of the Bahamas,
    the Everglades and everything in between on numerous occasions.

I don't know how many times it has fired without failure.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't have a "tactical" shotgun, but I just bought a Rem 870 Super Mag for putting holes in stuff.
    :rockwoot:

The ensuing 870 vs. 500 argument, should get you up to 50 posts. Good luck. :):

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    spend ten bucks for what?
    $10 makes you a site-supporter and you no longer need 50 posts to access the classifieds. Spending $10 to become a site supporter and gaining 50 quality posts are both ways of proving that you're not just here to use the INGO bandwidth up by accessing the classifieds.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    On a (slightly) more serious note, I don't think you can go wrong with a 500 for HD. Personally, I don't really like the feel of the loose forend, but it's obviously not a functional issue. The 500 is usually a better deal than the 870, and you can often find good deals on packages that come with an extra barrel, which gives you a very versatile gun for not a ton of money. I think the 500 usually comes with 3 chokes, and Remintion only includes one with the 870.

Btw, as others have mentioned, if you want to get fast tracked into the B/S section, you can donate $10 and become a site supporter. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...5833-ingo_supporter_memberships_are_here.html

Iit usually takes them a few days to get the supporter status updated. You can probably PM Fenway if you need in asap.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    $10 makes you a site-supporter and you no longer need 50 posts to access the classifieds. Spending $10 to become a site supporter and gaining 50 quality posts are both ways of proving that you're not just here to use the INGO bandwidth up by accessing the classifieds.
    Or that you are willing to spend $10 to buy and sell unlimited on a very popular forum... Personally if I thought I could make $20 I would spend the $10 for the nifty title.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just got my first 500 this winter. I paid around $300 for the combo. That came with a 28" smooth and a 24" rifled barrel a scope and a cheek rest. I then spent $45 for the knox stock and forend and another $80 for an 18" barrel. So for around $450 I got a very versatile shotgun.

Mossberg.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here I can help you out.

I think all Mossbergs suck. I would never guy one as long as Remington makes the 870.

There. You should be able to have a few posts from that.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Give it up...

:stickpoke:Get up off of your Arse and send in your $10.00+:rockwoot: You know you WANT to..
    AND....I like Mossberg..I like Remington 870..Have+use both..Bill+Welcome in...

Rickshaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    I own four Mossberg shotguns. One is a tactical 18.5 inch. Excellent choice. Especially for the money.

Top Bottom