• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jk1229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2014
    United States
    Hello everyone, my name is Joey from Bedford and I am looking to purchase a H&K VP9 as my first handgun. I already have my carry permit. I hope to learn a lot from you guys here in this forum.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Welcome! You may have already done all your legwork but if you haven't, make sure you handle (and ideally, try out) a wide variety of the available firearms to make sure your choice of pistol suits you and it's intended use.

jk1229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2014
    United States
    Welcome! You may have already done all your legwork but if you haven't, make sure you handle (and ideally, try out) a wide variety of the available firearms to make sure your choice of pistol suits you and it's intended use.
    Thank you. It's purpose is mostly for home defense and I am torn between a PPQ and the VP9. I saw reviews about these handguns and they mention how great they are. I've handled the G19, FNH FNS-9, XDM and some various other handguns in this class but have yet to handle a PPQ nor a VP9. I'll swing by the LGS to get a feel of the PPQ. Thanks again for the tip.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Welcome. You have made an excellent choice for you first handgun. Stick around and please take some of us with a grain of salt. It can get wild with the comments sometimes.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shoot as many as you can. Holding them is great but shooting them will weed out what you don't want.

Also, Welcome to :ingo:

Hey jk1229 the above advice its the best advice. If you have some friends who own firearms try to go to a range and try out some of their handguns, or go to a range in your area that rents handguns and try a few out. My personal favorite in my collection for carry and self defence is my S&W M&P .40 because of the three different back straps that come with it. It allows me adjust it for my wife's smaller hands when she is not shooting her Taurus .357 snubby with nice comfy rubber grips. I'm not familiar with the models you are considering. I don't start looking at new guns till I'm ready to buy one then I start digging around for Information.

Anyway hope all this advice helps and WELCOME ABOARD, from INDY just a little east of were all the shootings are taking place. Horace and Dan are my constant companions!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    IMG_4154.JPG

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hello everyone, my name is Joey from Bedford and I am looking to purchase a H&K VP9 as my first handgun. I already have my carry permit. I hope to learn a lot from you guys here in this forum.

:welcome: from Mitchell! There's a few of us on here from Lawrence county.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! Gun ownership is the worst quicksand you can step into!!! It starts when your 10 gun safe isn't big enough, then your 18 gun safe is too small, then the 35 and so on and so on!!!!!:spend:Run away while there's still time!!!!:runaway:

It is fun though! Welcome aboard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom