Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So my wife won a leaf blower for $10 at an auction… brand new retail $250 I have wanted one for “sweeping” garage and porches and such.

I was thinking of you guys and your obsession with leaves…. I went out to the maple tree piled them all up and lit them on fire. It was dumb and I won’t do it again. :lmfao:

I will continue my green mission. And support my small section of earth with my leaf compost.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    So my wife won a leaf blower for $10 at an auction… brand new retail $250 I have wanted one for “sweeping” garage and porches and such.

I was thinking of you guys and your obsession with leaves…. I went out to the maple tree piled them all up and lit them on fire. It was dumb and I won’t do it again. :lmfao:

I will continue my green mission. And support my small section of earth with my leaf compost.
    The first time is always scary!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    So the Mississinewa 1812 reenactment was pretty great. Great food (duck quarters, assorted corn breads and corn cakes, so many great corn on the cobs), some tasty beverages. Props to the boy scouts there pulling the trash cart and screaming to "bring out your dead."
    A good time was had by all, and worth the drive. Not nearly as large as the Feast of the Hunters Moon, but less children.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I just ordered another damn spider...

This one is a female Phiddipus Regius, "Regal Jumping Spider"

I think I've fallen in a rabbit hole here. If I ever mention the word "Poecilotheria" I need you guys to have me committed.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I just ordered another damn spider...

This one is a female Phiddipus Regius, "Regal Jumping Spider"

I think I've fallen in a rabbit hole here. If I ever mention the word "Poecilotheria" I need you guys to have me committed.
    Wait why do you want a jumping spider? It is bad enough they run where they could just be stepped on. Now we are gonna need shotguns to hit them in mid air?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Jumpers in general are the most docile of spiders and could almost be called friendly. They will often approach with curiosity and look you in the eye while tilting their head like a dog and drumming their little pedipalps. Also they only get up to about 3/4 inch(body length)

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    It actually lasted a lot longer than I expected.
    We have a ton of leafs. Depending on how ambitious I am, at least half will go to “mulch” our paths in the woods. I’ll burn the rest. My leaf vac is 64 ft3 and it packs the leafs in tight. A pile of 3-5 loads have burned/smoldered for almost a week or more at times, even after they have been rained on. A pile can looked burnt out and after I dump another load on, they begin to smolder/burn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom