Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Had a friend who had hermit crabs. Spiders sound more interesting. I was playing with a macro lens and this was on the
    wall. It was between nickel and quarter sized. Look at all those eyes! Gotta love the natural world.

View attachment 305246
    I have a Canon 60D and I really need to get a macro lens for it. That's an interesting looking spider. Looks kinda Wolfy but not quite. It almost has a separate little head :):

The two I just got will end up looking like this when they get a bit bigger.

Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens, Greenbottle Blue

481f4e_776f73fc704244e29ba97fdb902125a6_mv2.jpg

Brachypelma Hamorii, Mexican Red Knee. Sort of the "classic" tarantula many people envision when they hear the word because it's the most used in movies and was one of the first to be kept regularly

B_smithi_A1.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    We did it last year with Kobe (he was 2.5 years old) and he had a lot of fun. Might go back before its over for this season.
    Weekend 1 of 3 almost in the books. Think the fear of weather chased everyone off. Nothing wrong with today.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I have a Canon 60D and I really need to get a macro lens for it. That's an interesting looking spider. Looks kinda Wolfy but not quite. It almost has a separate little head :):

The two I just got will end up looking like this when they get a bit bigger.

Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens, Greenbottle Blue

View attachment 305407

Brachypelma Hamorii, Mexican Red Knee. Sort of the "classic" tarantula many people envision when they hear the word because it's the most used in movies and was one of the first to be kept regularly

View attachment 305413
    That picture of mine was taken with a 60D that I still have and use. If you want a macro don't cheap out and get the 60mm lens like I did. I think about trading mine in for the 100mm macro. There's a camera shop around here that trades.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Damn, your right. It's been so long since it was bought the price difference was forgotten. Scratch my previous advice unless
    you have money to burn. I'm not doing anything professional, just messing with it.
    I have seen some amazing macro insect photography but those guys often use different layers of pictures in processing
    that make them that way.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Anybody grow up in Hammond have Bartons pizza a long time ago?

Didn't they have a 'neopolitan' where it was double all ingredients? I'm seeing they call it :double dough' now...

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Yes to the neopolitan. Used to go to the one on 45th in Highland. Got tired of them years ago. Too mushy. My prefered
    is Langel's in downtown Highland. Them, House of Pizza and the original John's on Ridge in Munster are the best around.
    The original John's is the one that used to be in Cal City. Langel's has good food all the way around. Wings are great.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Yes to the neopolitan. Used to go to the one on 45th in Highland. Got tired of them years ago. Too mushy. My prefered
    is Langel's in downtown Highland. Them, House of Pizza and the original John's on Ridge in Munster are the best around.
    The original John's is the one that used to be in Cal City. Langel's has good food all the way around. Wings are great.
    I've been on earth 34 years and been eating John's for 29 of it... The last few years being the exception. The last time we had it it was definitely way different and I figured they'd finally changed ingredients.. I recall having 1st grade graduation dinner at the original off state line... Dark dingy mod hangout it was...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Damn, your right. It's been so long since it was bought the price difference was forgotten. Scratch my previous advice unless
    you have money to burn. I'm not doing anything professional, just messing with it.
    I have seen some amazing macro insect photography but those guys often use different layers of pictures in processing
    that make them that way.
    I've been wanting one for a while now mostly for the random jumpers, wolfies and occasional friendly mantis that make an appearance from time to time. I might just get a reverse ring until I can justify the price for that 100mm lens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom