KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello INGO members. I'm a non-inmigrant worker (legal, with visa) and I'm apliying to get the LTCH. I know that I'm able to buy guns because I have a hunting license, but I would like to know how likely it will be approved by the Indiana State Police being a non-inmigrant worker
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qamay-aliens-legally-united-states-purchase-firearms
    I appreciate your comments, all are welcome!
    Start with the link below. Like @gassprint1 posted, reach out to the Indiana State Police after reviewing their site.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Welcome (temporarily) to Indiana!

I was going to start with a link / description of 18 U.S.C. 922 (g)(5)(B) & 18 U.S.C. 922 (y)(2)(A), but you already have that covered. Having any state hunting license will allow you to possess with a non-immigrant visa.

Regarding LTCH, I assume you want it for reciprocity? Because IC 35-47-2-1 does not have any "citizenship" or "residency" requirement. So, by my reading, LTCH is unnecessary for your legal carry within Indiana.

The challenge in getting a LTCH is whether you are a "resident" of Indiana (albeit temporarily since you have a non-immigrant visa). It appears that your foreign citizenship will not be any impediment. Please see IC 35-47-2-3(g)(4)(B) and IC 35-47-2-3(e).

In Indiana, you apply for LTCH with your local law enforcement anyway (chief of police if you live in a city / town which has its own police depart, and sheriff if you live outside of such). So just go to your local police department and ask to apply for a license. ISP link to start the application!

I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice!

Top Bottom