• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Read up on some of the court cases that reach the Indiana Court of appeals. You don't need to read the legal discussions and reasoning, just the facts part where it tells what happened. Month after month there are cases, often home invasion but some of them armed robberies where the victims cooperate completely and then once they are all tied up and can't move the bad guys kill them. I'm not going out that way.

+1

80% of women who are forced into a vehicle are never seen again ALIVE, according to the FBI so it must be a fact! My advice ladies...... do everything possible to prevent getting into a vehicle against your will.

Richard Speck .... remember him. He raped eight nurses in Chicago and everyone of those women cooperated. He killed them anyway!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You'll never hear a cop recommend that a citizen get a LTCH and legitimate training to use a handgun to save themselves.

Not in public anyway. It would freak out the folks that might actually believe the police will be able to save them anytime or place they might encounter a bad guy.

+1

80% of women who are forced into a vehicle are never seen again ALIVE, according to the FBI so it must be a fact! My advice ladies...... do everything possible to prevent getting into a vehicle against your will.

Richard Speck .... remember him. He raped eight nurses in Chicago and everyone of those women cooperated. He killed them anyway!

I know this is a Necro post but I wanted to bring this to the attention of those reading it from the beginning. SMHurt is a cop here in Evansville and he not only supports citizens carrying, he does everything in his power to help them do it.

And he says it in public.

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    I know this is a Necro post but I wanted to bring this to the attention of those reading it from the beginning. SMHurt is a cop here in Evansville and he not only supports citizens carrying, he does everything in his power to help them do it.

And he says it in public.

Right on. Dated thread but still relevant. I encourage every law abiding citizen to have a gun in their home and definitley know how to use it.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The Lt. making the comments says

"We" meaning this is official NPD policy. Meaning the Chief had to at least seen it, or approved it. If he approves policy to be used to make suggestions to the community he serves that the Department of Justice does not agree with the I question his ability to serve the community.

My issue with the statement is the use of the word "always". It is bad wording at least.

I've been quoted in several dozen news articles and they have never once done it correctly. As far as I know the deputy could have said, "Always fight back."

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I would occasionally give a sexual assault talk to women and I would finish the lecture by saying "I can't make the decision for them because every incident will probably be different, but there are facts to support women who comply will still be killed". Fight or flight, submit or resist is a decision each person must make themselves. I would not want to force my beliefs on them if they were not ready for the facts or end result. Face it ... some people do not want to know the real dangers in our country.

LE1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Been proven more than once lately that as long as it is a reasonable threat you arent going to be charged.

I agree with you; the other comment was just a bit over the top for me about not caring what LE says or recommends. I am closely watching the Kroger incident and am going to be far less than pleased if they terminate that brave guy for his clearly correct actions. It would be hard enough to take a life. Then to have your employer terminate you would be a slap and I hope he fights it. So in short I agree with you circumstances of an event are everything good post.

Top Bottom