No man is an island, but he can build one!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Pics or didn't happen! J/K. Sounds like a great place and a fun build. I have island envy. So when do we get to play Lost?

I'm keeping my eyes open for a couple of those inflatable palm trees :D

I hosted an orienteering competition out here once since I have 150 acres and am surrounded by large plots of land I have permission to roam on. Next year it will probably be out here again, so one of the stations will have to be on the island. This will be in October, so whether the island will be accessible by land bridge or boat is up in the air.

FULLMAGAZINE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    My "Island." To each his own.

My home must become my island if SHTF. I'll call it "Fortress Apache." I have fire extinguishers and at least one gun in every room, and my room and closet are always locked unless I'm in there. But I have a serious "Hoosier" question: how many guns, and how many rounds of ammunition can be under one roof before I have an "Arsenal"? Is there a State Police Alert Level fo ammo keepers? I am building up to 1,000 rds. for each caliber. Thanks. FullM

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    My home must become my island if SHTF. I'll call it "Fortress Apache." I have fire extinguishers and at least one gun in every room, and my room and closet are always locked unless I'm in there. But I have a serious "Hoosier" question: how many guns, and how many rounds of ammunition can be under one roof before I have an "Arsenal"? Is there a State Police Alert Level fo ammo keepers? I am building up to 1,000 rds. for each caliber. Thanks. FullM

If you've only got 1000 rounds for each caliber, don't worry about being an arsenal. You're not even close. :rolleyes: There's not even such a think in Indiana. Keep as much ammo as you want.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Island update!

We have now had enough rain that I officially have an island now. It's completely surrounded by water. Once water gets up to the lake overflow we'll kayak out there with shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and level the ground and mix in some grass seed and the like.

I promise pics once the water is up and we have it landscaped.

Top Bottom