• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What would happen if you were to injure or kill one of the officers in the initial confusion? Assuming that there is an initial burst of fire in both directions and somehow you manage to survive long enough for them to understand they are in the wrong house, what happens then? Do you still get hauled off for shooting a police officer or do they apologize, collect the wounded and try again with a different house? I'm guessing it's not the latter.

Talk about a lose - lose situation. They think their shooting at an armed and dangerous felon, you think you're defending your family against a violent home invasion. Your family may be in the cross fire. When all is said and done, if one of the officers has been shot, I'm guessing your initial innocence will matter little to the outcome.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Proving the homeowner acted in good faith is going to be REEEALLY hard to prove in today's courts.

But, YOU have to live in order to live with the consequences.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I vote foe whomever, said empty a drum at the door....That being said. Warrants are executed very well in 99% of situations. Which usually results in the the person(s) of interest waking up with the "wha what? Who are you guys?" Right before they are slammed to the ground. No chance of going Rambo on any of the LEO's entering. No matter how close they are to their firearm. Not saying someone couldnt pop a few shots off in certain situations....But, FB's are a mother****er...

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    jesus... lol...

I have though about it with all of my pets I have after watching those murderers invade certain homes and killing the innocent. I live in a well upkept neighborhood, but I am unsure of the neighbors next door. Their seem to be ALOT of them and none speak english... So I do indeed fear a raid one night at the mistaken house for illegals...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If you identify your target before you point a gun at it (like you always should) would you still point a gun at an LEO once you identified them as such?

Yep. If they want to serve a warrant at my home for some reason, knocking is recommended. Otherwise, we are firing and will keep firing as long as we can. Yelling "police" as you kick in my door will only have me thinking that the bad guys are trying to impersonate the police, and I will kill as many as I can.

Of course, I also know there's no reason for a no knock warrant to be getting served at my house, so if one is, it's a mistake by the cops. Bummer deal for all of us.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Come on now.....If I busted into your house in the middle of the night and yelled "JESUS" would you drop to your knees in front of me?

I don't think I would drop to my knees in worship, but there's a strong chance I'll test you to see if you rise again (not to seem blasphemous)

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Come on now.....If I busted into your house in the middle of the night and yelled "JESUS" would you drop to your knees in front of me?

The correct response is: Bang. "Come back in three days!"

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I don't think I would drop to my knees in worship, but there's a strong chance I'll test you to see if you rise again (not to seem blasphemous)

That means you have to wait three days before calling the cops, or tossing him out in the trash. Better hope it's winter time... three days in the summer is gonna get kinda ripe if he was lying!!!!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    That means you have to wait three days before calling the cops, or tossing him out in the trash. Better hope it's winter time... three days in the summer is gonna get kinda ripe if he was lying!!!!

All on the same wavelength we are. :D

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    If you identify your target before you point a gun at it (like you always should) would you still point a gun at an LEO once you identified them as such?

I have ALWAYS respected your postings on here as a LEO, and I've felt that you represent LE here very well. This, however, may be one area we differ. I don't live in an urban area so the odds of it happening here are pretty low (that and the early warning systems I have in place), but in my opinion, one I am willing to back up with my life as necessary, when the security forces bust down the door in the middle of the night then they are responsible for whatever happens. That's the sort of thing that happens in a police state, NOT in a peaceful society. Or should not happen at any rate... There are very, very few occasions in my mind where a proper warrant should not be executed with a knock at the door. Most involve immediate threat to life.

I am not trying have false bravado here, nor do I want to kill anyone. I fully realize that doing so would end my life as I know it one way or another. But I feel the risks of hesitating are greater.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    What would happen if you were to injure or kill one of the officers in the initial confusion?

They would almost certainly cuff you, give you a prolonged beating, destroy your property, and then kill any remaining animals. They would then collaborate on a concocted story, plant whatever drugs are necessary, destroy an video evidence and submit a fictitious report to a willing prosecutor. You would end up in prison for the rest of your life, if you lived. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

ONLY if you were wearing a robe and sandals.

If ANYONE barges into my house in the middle of the night, I'll empy the entire magazine into him. I'm a law abiding citizen, I rarely speed:rolleyes:, so I know there's no warrants out for me. If it was a cop, why would they break in at the middle of the night like that? I'm not a punk, no drug dealer here. If they wanted me, they would come in the day time, with a knock. So if anyone comes into my house like that, they'll be met with either a 120 pound Rottweiler, and/or my Glock 19. Until I get my AR15 that is :D

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    We have never experienced any problems with pets. Soon as the flash bang goes off .... they bug out and hide. I've even seen cats climb a walls. As far as getting the wrong address ... no excuses! A lot goes into a raid plan before you hit a home. We usually maintain constant surveillance on the house and verify the target is there or we have a VERY credible source. As far as grabbing the AK with a 75 rnd drum.... it will all be over with before the thought even came to mind. :draw:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    We have never experienced any problems with pets. Soon as the flash bang goes off .... they bug out and hide. I've even seen cats climb a walls. As far as getting the wrong address ... no excuses! A lot goes into a raid plan before you hit a home. We usually maintain constant surveillance on the house and verify the target is there or we have a VERY credible source. As far as grabbing the AK with a 75 rnd drum.... it will all be over with before the thought even came to mind. :draw:

:popcorn:

Top Bottom