• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I took the day off today and spent some time with my wife and youngest daughter. One of our errands was getting my wife printed for her LTCH. :yesway:
    We filled the application on line yesterday and went to Marion County building to get her printed and pay up. I dropped her off at the front door and went to find parking with my 2 year old.
    The good news was, by the time I parked at the garage behind the city market and started walking over, she was done and I didn't have to clear security with a stroller and diaper bag.
    The weird news was they never asked her for picture ID! Guess we could have sent anyone in there with a MO and her app to give prints!
    I succinctly remember having my passport and DL with me, and showing both a few years back.

In other interetsing news, while filling the application out, my wife asked where the text box for reason for carry was. I let her know it's a shall-issue state and she didn't need to give a reason. She said she was looking forward to saying she wanted "to shoot bad guys dead.":laugh:
    Yes she was kidding, so all the humorless out there, don't get you panties in a wad.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I took the day off today and spent some time with my wife and youngest daughter. One of our errands was getting my wife printed for her LTCH. :yesway:
    We filled the application on line yesterday and went to Marion County building to get her printed and pay up. I dropped her off at the front door and went to find parking with my 2 year old.
    The good news was, by the time I parked at the garage behind the city market and started walking over, she was done and I didn't have to clear security with a stroller and diaper bag.
    The weird news was they never asked her for picture ID! Guess we could have sent anyone in there with a MO and her app to give prints!
    I succinctly remember having my passport and DL with me, and showing both a few years back.

In other interetsing news, while filling the application out, my wife asked where the text box for reason for carry was. I let her know it's a shall-issue state and she didn't need to give a reason. She said she was looking forward to saying she wanted "to shoot bad guys dead.":laugh:
    Yes she was kidding, so all the humorless out there, don't get you panties in a wad.

Never have had to show an ID any of the times I have gone through the process?! Course that could be do to the Fact that I live in the middle of nowhere and know all the staff at the Sheriffs Dept?! :dunno:

Your problem could be maybe you look like an underhanded type of person and the wife looks the part of Mrs. All-American homebody?! :dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Never have had to show an ID any of the times I have gone through the process?! Course that could be do to the Fact that I live in the middle of nowhere and know all the staff at the Sheriffs Dept?! :dunno:

Your problem could be maybe you look like an underhanded type of person and the wife looks the part of Mrs. All-American homebody?! :dunno:
    I had to show my driver's license, but all they did was glance at it. It looks kinda like me, and the name matched the app, so.....

Did she get to use the fancy new electronic fingerprinting? Cool stuff!

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    OK. You all don't need ID and I gotta weight 4 weeks to try to get an appointment with the Chief for mine. I know "fair" is a place with cows and fried food, but come on!!!!

Well, at least she's get it.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I had to show ID and a piece of mail or alternate ID. On the local paperwork, there was a question as to why I was requesting a license. I just put "Personal protection".

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Just a WAG. but wouldn't it be kinda silly to say you are someone else in effort to falsely obtain the LTCH if you'd been convicted, or even printed before?
    I'm sure the Effa Bee Eye database would pull up a hit on who the prints really belonged to.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen

Never tought about that!

What do you think?.....
    blog150909_whitney-bobby-brown.jpg

Here's a different angle...
    Free-Bonnie-And-Clyde-Wallpaper-172.gif

One more, with the kids...

teletubbies_uk-show.jpg

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner

That is strange. I guess they are pretty lax in Marion County!:dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK. You all don't need ID and I gotta weight 4 weeks to try to get an appointment with the Chief for mine. I know "fair" is a place with cows and fried food, but come on!!!!

Well, at least she's get it.

FWIW, I had to show my DL to prove my ID to get mine.

How much does 4 Weeks weigh exactly?! ;)

The answer is 42.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom