• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doddsracing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Norman,IN
    Iv`e had one for 20 years and still like over all my Ar`s in reality I should have sold all the ars while the price was up and waited and used that money to buy 308 ammo for it.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'm torn between getting a DSA FAL, and a SCAR 17 at this point! I know the SCAR is a little more $, but it is a more modern design... I just can't quite decide if the newer tech of the SCAR makes it more desirable or not...

Help me decide.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    I thought that $600 was a lot when I bought my brand new Belgian 50.41. Of course that was more than a couple of years ago.:D

Agreed completely. I wouldn't have paid the cash for this one either but, it was unfired, in the box, heavy barrel, with tripod, and in mint condition. Also, previous owner added in a DSA rear rail cover and IOR Valdada scope. All in all, a nice set up to cap off my FAL collection.

G

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    How do you like that IOR scope? I've been interested in them, but have never talked to anyone that actually owned or used one.

The IOR Valdada glass is good. I've been told it's made by/from the old Schott company in (East) Germany. Regardless, it is crystal clear. Adjustments are well laid out and easy to make. Only down side of IOR is that their scopes are quite heavy - but built like tanks.

To sum up -
    1) I don't think you'll find better glass anywhere at the same price point as IOR.
    2) They are heavy and quite rugged. Not really suited to a "light" patrol rifle.

-G

Top Bottom