• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raggedoutcummins77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    morgantown in
    Just heard on the radio someone poached the big buck everyone has been after at eagle Creek. They said it was shot with a 270. Its a shame nightmare was poached and it just a class b misdemeanor. Just think they should have all there stuff taking and not be able to hunt any more.

Last edited:

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    As opposed to possibly being slaughtered a month later by someone with a government permission slip?

Deer is still dead in the end.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I would think that there would be a huge fine, loss of equipment which could include vehicle and loss of hunting priveledges for a few years. This is what happened to some guy back in PA that was caught baiting a record black bear which he shot during the correct season with a legal firearm.

Maybe there should be a post that is created for pictures of poachers and tresspassers to be posted.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    As opposed to possibly being slaughtered a month later by someone with a government permission slip?

What a crock of ****.

The deer was not taken for use, as when a hunter takes it. They found the carcas, which means that the deer was harvested for its antlers, and maybe the backstrap, with the rest left to waste.

Add to that the fact that the deer populations are managed very well in Indiana, which leads to millions of dollars going into conservation efforts around the state that benefit everyone, not just hunters. Like those trails at Turkey run? Thank the hunters who legally harvest deer, that pay for their hunting tags.

It would be a whole different story if a family had to take a doe to put meat on the table, bit that is not what happened here. Poachers should have all their gear confiscated, and their hunting privledges revoked for life, end of story. I wont even get into the fact that a 270 cannot be used legally in Indiana for the harvesting of deer.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo

Deer seasons are very tightly managed to help ensure proper control of the population. Your comments make it seem as though you are pretty ignorant.

That being said, it is sad to see someone kill a prized deer and waste it...

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers

Since there is no deer hunting at eagle creek, I think pirate is referring to the deer culls that the state does. I know a lot of big bucks have legally been culled-that is, shot at night with a high powered rifle and left to rot, at big oaks and muscatatuck, and probably eagle creek as well.

But yes, hope he gets caught and loses his car, guns, and right to hunt for life. A lot of western states have put huge penalties on poaching trophy class animals.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Since there is no deer hunting at eagle creek, I think pirate is referring to the deer culls that the state does. I know a lot of big bucks have legally been culled-that is, shot at night with a high powered rifle and left to rot, at big oaks and muscatatuck, and probably eagle creek as well.

But yes, hope he gets caught and loses his car, guns, and right to hunt for life. A lot of western states have put huge penalties on poaching trophy class animals.

Ding! Ding! Ding! :yesway:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    wtf you talkin about? was he a member...do you know something we dont?:shady:

have no idea if he is a member, but a B mis. might not make him a prohibited person..
    but he is clearly not a good citizen, so gun clubs and others would probably not want him as a member... but 6 months from now this story will be out of the news..

we should remember and mark down those who hurt the gun community by doing acts like this...

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    have no idea if he is a member, but a B mis. might not make him a prohibited person..
    but he is clearly not a good citizen, so gun clubs and others would probably not want him as a member... but 6 months from now this story will be out of the news..

we should remember and mark down those who hurt the gun community by doing acts like this...

That clears it up a little more. :)

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    there has to be more to this story. Why would he admit to it so quickly?

I think that they caught him red handed... Thanks to a concerned citizen...

Burn his butt, but I'll bet they don't. Way too many prosecutors and judges see wildlife violations no big deal...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

wonder why they don't just open it up to public archery hunts a few times a year then, like they do at Fort Ben.

Top Bottom