• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    And just how do you "know" this is happening? I would be curious to know why they are not giving the meat to food banks like they usually do.

I used to talk to the property manager at Big Oaks pretty regularly, I wouldn't say we were friends but we were acquaintances. He moved to Wyoming year or so ago, but he told me they do culls at night and he wished they only shot does but they shoot everything that they see until they get the numbers to where they want them and don't do anything with them. Now I don't have "proof", it is what I was told from the guy who knows. Maybe he was exaggerating or spouting off a little, but he seemed pretty serious about it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    A friend of mine lived next to a fair sized county park yrs ago. Park people hassled him when he hunted on his own ground next door (even came over onto his side and gave him crap more than once).

So with that nonsense he was rather shocked to witness an after deer season culling operation on the park.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Congrats to dumb don ward, my #1 pick for dumbest criminal of the year.

I have seen this awsome beast many times over the last few years early in the morning on my way to work.
    If dumbdon ever pulls this crap on my land he had better bring his A game cause it WILL be game on.:ar15:

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    I believe in Ohio they have a "Trophy Deer" rule. It makes a poacher pay much more based on the score of the deer he poached, this really runs the fine up into serious $$. Something Indiana might think of considering.

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Hmmmmmm. It surprised me to find out the man who poached the buck is 47 years old...... I figured it would be someone much younger to be that irresponsible.
    I think maximum restitution should be in order.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hmmmmmm. It surprised me to find out the man who poached the buck is 47 years old...... I figured it would be someone much younger to be that irresponsible.
    I think maximum restitution should be in order.

i think this is the first time he has been caught....

You might be surprised at what you run into amongst Hoosier "hunters."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thank goodness there are no idiots in other states :rolleyes:

You are right, I just tried to bring it home. There are a lot more folks than is thought out their making their own rules. A lot of very successful looked up to "hunters" may not be following all the rules.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...And then put either in context with how violent criminals of human prey are sentenced.
    Like this guy?
    MV_boblee_1007.jpg

The 57-year-old murderer, released from prison last month after serving 25 years of a 60-year sentence.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why are people so surprised that people would cheat at hunting? The moment anything becomes competitive and popular, people will cheat to win. Look at how seriously parents take their childrens' sports.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Bet those people cheat at other stuff.

Don't think it's the size of antlers that wipe out some folks chances at Sainthood.

I understand how most people suck, but in the concept of a trophy deer............. it's a deer, hunted, taken in blood sport.........and sports have rules.

There can be no trophy status or "win" unless the game was played by the rules.

My guess is that those who think otherwise are probably real POS's, evident in other aspects of their lives.

Top Bottom