• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Maybe he foolishly thought the youth season was his "cover." If so, he wasn't the only one:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...45-man_shot_and_killed_during_youth_hunt.html

The buck was killed two days AFTER the youth season..

A CO is holding it..

poachedbuck-1.jpg

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    wonder why they don't just open it up to public archery hunts a few times a year then, like they do at Fort Ben.
    They took public input on that a few weeks ago, hopefully next year they will add it to the park hunt draw. When they do...hoo boy, there are MONSTERS in there, and they are almost tame. Anybody know how that meeting went? Willie, you have the inside scoop on most of this stuff, any idea?

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I live close to Eagle Creek, and think I heard the shot (heard something that sounded like a shot, but figured at that hour maybe I was just hearing things, wasn't too awake at the time either).

Either way, what a raging a-hole. I'm betting/hoping this guy isn't going to get much peace and quiet anymore with his name on the news...

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    They took public input on that a few weeks ago, hopefully next year they will add it to the park hunt draw. When they do...hoo boy, there are MONSTERS in there, and they are almost tame. Anybody know how that meeting went? Willie, you have the inside scoop on most of this stuff, any idea?

No Idea on the meeting... If they do have a hunt it will probably be bow only and maybe even EAB..

http://www.wthr.com/story/19580374/controlled-hunts-could-be-coming-to-eagle-creek-park

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Things like this make me sick. People like that need to be sterilized to prevent any further corruption to the human bloodline. Its unbelievable how selfish some people can be.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    wonder why they don't just open it up to public archery hunts a few times a year then, like they do at Fort Ben.
    Eagle Creek Park is not a State Park run by DNR.
    It is not owned, managed or affiliated with the state. The DNR doesn't control the reduction hunts there, it's owned by the city.
    It used to be called Eagle Creek State Park, which caused the DNR a lot of headache.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Since there is no deer hunting at eagle creek, I think pirate is referring to the deer culls that the state does. I know a lot of big bucks have legally been culled-that is, shot at night with a high powered rifle and left to rot, at big oaks and muscatatuck, and probably eagle creek as well.

And just how do you "know" this is happening? I would be curious to know why they are not giving the meat to food banks like they usually do.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    And just how do you "know" this is happening? I would be curious to know why they are not giving the meat to food banks like they usually do.

What's the difference? It's wanton waste either way far as I'm concerned. People shooting deer who don't even want them.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    The issue with having a hunt at Eagle Creek is that it was gifted to the City to be a nature preserve in perpetuity. Having a any type of hunt theoretically violates the terms of the gift. That has been the issue in the past.

Dirty Steve

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Since there is no deer hunting at eagle creek, I think pirate is referring to the deer culls that the state does. I know a lot of big bucks have legally been culled-that is, shot at night with a high powered rifle and left to rot, at big oaks and muscatatuck, and probably eagle creek as well.

Wow! I'd like some sort of proof on that, if you dont mind...

Top Bottom