• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Glock 37 with a M3 Insight light.. I'm a fan of the cartridge and you can get them very reasonable.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    get-attachment4_zpse44ade27.jpg

CZ 75 SP01 Phantom 19+1.

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I owned. One glock in my life. A 32c. Bought it solely for the .357 sig round. Had every intention as a " nightstand/carry" gun but got talked into selling it because it was the C model and the barrel was cut. Was told in a real world situation, the LAST thing I would want is to hold the gun even slightly pulled in and all the fire go in my face. Looking back, I think the guy just happened to like it more than me. I did like the glock but I loved the sig round. Do many people use it as PP or home protection? Or do they drop the .40 barrel in?

Hey Cuttingedge. I am a big fan of the .357 Sig and keep a Glock 31 handy for bumps in the night. I really like the round and the way the gun shoots although I do wonder about increased muzzle blast and volume inside an enclosed area, ie. a house. I tend to rotate between the 31, 34, or 35 Glock depending on my mood but I always have a TRL1 attached to my nightstand gun.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Primary, a SxS 12 gauge stuffed with 00 buck. I keep a side saddle with extra ammo on the stock, and normally my Hi-power is holstered beside that. The wife keeps a 12 gauge pump on her side, also loaded with buck, and her purse that has her EDC in it.

When its a stationary position, why limit yourself with a pistol, a shotgun throws a lot more lead than any handgun, and can double as a club in a pinch.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Mine is an M&P9FS with Crimson Trace laser and Streamlight TLR-3 light. Sits in a GunVault with an extra magazine. I like the TLR-3 because it's a bit lower brightness and because it doesn't extend beyond the end of the barrel.
    25k2691.jpg

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Since you have a G27, the best night stand gun would probably be a G22 with night sights.
    Get some 22 round mags and a light and you're set.
    Since it's a night stand gun, you don't have to worry about concealment and you'll have plenty of ammo to share with all the intruders.
    They can be found cheap too.
    Also a great bug out bag gun.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    ...I owned...One glock...32c...it was the C model and the barrel was cut. Was told in a real world situation, the LAST thing I would want is to hold the gun even slightly pulled in and all the fire go in my face. Looking back, I think the guy just happened to like it more than me. I did like the glock but I loved the sig round. Do many people use it as PP or home protection? Or do they drop the .40 barrel in?

when my nightstand gun isn't my EDC 27, then it's the 22C.
    contrary to "popular belief (interwebz rumors)",
    the C models of Glock that I've had experience with
    do not blind you (even when firing in the dark)
    nor do they blow carbon or flames (or whatever) back in your face.
    quite frankly the only difference beyond recoil reduction that I've noticed
    is maybe one or two more black boogers the next morning...
    :D

and yeah...he probably just really wanted your Glock...

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Since you have a G27, the best night stand gun would probably be a G22 with night sights.
    Get some 22 round mags and a light and you're set.
    Since it's a night stand gun, you don't have to worry about concealment and you'll have plenty of ammo to share with all the intruders.
    They can be found cheap too.
    Also a great bug out bag gun.

I do own the 27 & 23 and have a couple of the really high capacity mags. I used to own a 22 but not anymore. I'm really thinking about getting rid of the 23 and selling it off. Don't really use it for anything

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    EDC Glock-27, and a flashlight close at hand, Glock goes where I go so if its off to bed at night it has N/S on it and hopefully that keeps the Boogie man/men away.

Top Bottom