• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Night Sights, I can actually see their usefulness, but does anyone really shoot in low light situation or even train in low light, or are they just the latest must have tacticool gear? :dunno:
    Honestly all of my defensive guns have lasers, as I get older and my eyesight gets worse and reflexes slow down it helps me maintain confidence.

Last edited:

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    It seems like for me I always end up doing late night training sessions with my guns. "Did you hear that noise?" Actually, that means get your butt up and check things out lol. Funny how some things work right? So in my case, there are not only tacticool, but functional as well

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    I wouldn't carry a self defense handgun after dark that didn't have night sights. I want to know what I'm aiming at....maybe just me.

-G

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I'm not against night sights, just curious if they are ever used or trained with, or if it just one of those "must have" things. I honestly think a flashlight goes a long way, big difference in aquiring a target and actually identifying that target.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    I belive there could be a situation where night sites could benefit a
    shot in low light or darkness. I do however feel that a flashlight or laser
    of any color makes me a target to the oncoming threat in a dark
    situation or inside my home at night. I perfer night sites only.

:ingo::patriot:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Personally, I think they are worth useful and I do train in low-light with them. There's been a couple of times I was glad to have mine (on my 686, no less;)). Shot a few oppossums at night messing around the house and the sights came in handy. Another time they were useful for a two legged late night visitor, along with a 2 million candlelight powered floodlight, but there's no need to go into that here (no, no one was shot:D). Also, if you keep your handgun on your nightstand, it makes it easy to find in the dark- just look for those three green eyes starring at you:laugh:. They make pretty good day sights as well.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Agree with sbcman. It's comforting to wake up in the middle of the night and see those little green puppy dog eyes on the nightstand that never go to sleep!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't have night sights on my go to gun, but that's because I have a streamlight tlr-2 light/laser combo on it. I had a guy behind the counter at a gunstore give my a hard time about not buying a tritium front post sight for my AR once by saying "bad guys only come in daylight, right?". I think there's something to be said for some kind of aid to help you aim when it's dark whether it's a flashlight, a laser, or glow in the dark sights.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    The green glow reflecting off your sleepy, puffy face should scare any BG without shots being fired. I haven't figured out the purple thing yet.

Top Bottom