• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    NICS down, LEO agencies ceasing processing gun paperwork, gun stores being shut down as non-essential, millions of people placed under house arrest, and all supposedly caused by a highly contagious virus that appeared overnight and swept the world in days.

I am really, really trying to accept that this is a natural occurrence.

I'm with you on that thought.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I bought an AR Thursday afternoon. Showed LTC, filled out form, handed over credit card, done. LGS clerk said only problem was finding an English-language 4473 because they were selling so many guns. I didn't know they came in different languages but apparently they do.

You may not believe in the virus but the virus believes in you.

Just noticed article that says the Governor of Illinois has designated gun and ammo stores as essential and exempt from shutdown. Golly.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...JVVwmKnBetryjOMT-oVXQ6c49f6WaKfdKLUVKTNRty3f0

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    NICS down, LEO agencies ceasing processing gun paperwork, gun stores being shut down as non-essential, millions of people placed under house arrest, and all supposedly caused by a highly contagious virus that appeared overnight and swept the world in days.

Whoa. Who’s on house arrest? Hadn’t heard about any of that.

I’d agree with you on the not being a natural occurrence, I don’t even see the need to try to accept that it might be.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Whoa. Who’s on house arrest? Hadn’t heard about any of that.

I’d agree with you on the not being a natural occurrence, I don’t even see the need to try to accept that it might be.

Some moron in, I think Tennessee, who was diagnosed with it and refused to self quarantine is literally being held prisoner in his house by the cops... and rightfully so, IMO.

That's the only "house arrest" I know of.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Drove by the LGS Saturday morning and they had a dozen people in line outside waiting for it to open.

...I am glad I am not in the market. Might change when I get my "virus check" haha!

Well it’s a sellers market so if you plan to die a good time to sell some guns to get some cash for your burial.

Sell high, bury low.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    If the President had any genuine leadership in his soul, he would announce an emergency suspension of the NICS system and an automatic approval of all gun transfers in light of government bureaucracy and incompetence coming between Americans and their god-given and constitutionally protected right to defend themselves and their families in a national crisis.

Instead, I suspect in the next week or two the White House will push out an executive order closing all FFLs, canceling and closing NICS, and criminalizing private transfers for the duration of the "emergency". Because, you know, the farm animals can't be trusted when they're panicky.

LOL
    If Mis informed /Under educated people read the last paragraph in this post it will send even more people into the panic buying mode

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co

It’s all a devious plan by the toilet paper companies to increase profit margins, but don’t worry, the tinfoil companies aren’t involved.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    If the President had any genuine leadership in his soul, he would announce an emergency suspension of the NICS system and an automatic approval of all gun transfers in light of government bureaucracy and incompetence coming between Americans and their god-given and constitutionally protected right to defend themselves and their families in a national crisis.

Instead, I suspect in the next week or two the White House will push out an executive order closing all FFLs, canceling and closing NICS, and criminalizing private transfers for the duration of the "emergency". Because, you know, the farm animals can't be trusted when they're panicky.

Uhhhhh....NO!!! I have a problem with child molesters, murders & rapists having guns. There are crimes where you can never repay your debt to society.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

Sure, it's totally natural unless you believe stories about it being either a chinese bio-warfare "work accident" or chinese propaganda that DoD created CV and sent it to china.
    Having said that, what's-his-face former clinton cabinet member/chicago mayor said "never let a crisis go to waste"

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My lgs is shutting down. Said they can't get anything in right now and are out of stock. They said they will call people who have orders coming in and they would get our firearms to us as soon as they are delivered to them.

NICS system should be fine since the majority of gun shops will be shut down nationwide. Should be pretty quick I'd say by the end of the week anyway.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Tried buying a blank lower today from LGS and got a delay on NICS first time ever in 20 years. They said people who do not typically get delayed were being delayed and others who either are usually delayed or they think might get a delay are getting green lights. Not a huge deal but annoying luckily LGS is only 30 minutes down the road.

Top Bottom