• ...and so much more!
  • Rshelbu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Establishing VAF file

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/vafbrocheng.pdf
    Before I applied for and received my LTCH, I had never been denied or delayed. Since then it has happened 2 out of 4 times I have purchased a gun. I just picked a gun up today (Tuesday), that I tried to bring home Sunday, but was delayed by the NICS system. After I told the shop owner of my problems he gave me a package to fill out and send in to the FBI that creates a Voluntary Appeal File (VAF). This process permits applicants to request that the NICS maintain information about them in the VAF, a seperate file to be checked by NICS, to prevent erroroneous denials and extended delays in the future. ......R

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    You know that is not true.

IDOR...Indiana Dept of Revenue - IRS. Yep.
    DWD..Department of Workforce Development (unemployment) - Nope.
    Your County of residence - Please tell me what department or bureau has my SSN. Health department does not have my SSN. Social Security Office, yes, I presumed that was implied.
    City of residence - See above.
    DMV - Well, yes, you got me there.
    All your employers - Not government.
    Bank - Nope. Also, not government.
    Credit card companies - Don't have any.
    And of course Social Security since they issued it, then comes the IRS.

Now if you EVER worked and/or lived in another state, all the above times two.

So, not quite.
    Close but no cigar.

Tally these and it comes to: Federal IRS, State Revenue service, DMV, and SS office: (4)

As to non-governmental entities: one former employer, one current employer, and hell, I'll even grant that the bank maybe sneaked a peek, so: (3)

So yes, you're essentially correct - more entities than I initially realized have access to my SSN: does this mean they should? Would you claim that since so many people have access to it already that I should keep handing it out like so much candy? Would that really be the crux of the point? :noway:

Just because some civil servants somewhere have my unique identifier doesn't mean all the rest should.

And hell, actually going through this list makes me even more wary: I really don't want a single one of those entities already listed having it, much less anyone else, much less the boys of BAT-F*** Troop.

Might be time for me to re-read Day of the Jackal, mightn't it?

Anyhow, guess I ought to thank you for bringing my attention back to the problem: too many know far too much.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    evansville--I truly appreciate your position, however if you have a job, the DWD DOES have your information. You really must come to grips with this, as I myself struggled with it for quite some time. Either you go TOTALLY off-grid, meaning we here at INGO never hear from you again and you are on strictly barter system and homeless (in the real estate sense) or you stand up and say to HE!! with these beauracrats and BATFE and all the others and prepare to spit in the face of danger if any one of them tries to usurp your rights (any more than what has been done "in the name of the law" by congress and executive orders) and say you will not hide and you would "Rather die on my feet than live on my knees" and not worry about fighting the information game. They would like for you to spend time and energy on that over paying attention to what they are doing with "the other hand".

Is it RIGHT? He!! no! However as long as we aren't just giving away the information I just choose to let them have what they ask for in situations like this and know full well that having an LTCH already gives most everybody the info, so I will stand and fight where the battles do the most good (of course that is my opinion) and not sweat the rest.

Don't take life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive anyway.

RainRider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    I would not be concerned as long as you are not getting denied . I would take it as a positive , just like someone asking me for an ID to confirm my credit card . The bad guys make it tough on everyone .

Top Bottom