• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jzdank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2015
    Chesterton
    What is some of the better stuff regarding colder weather? I don't remember what I used but once I had handwarmers on each side of my shotgun receiver then a hat around those, just to keep the action running. It was something like -2 that day.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I still have a bunch of Froglube from when I gave it a try and was not sure with what I was going to do with it. I might give it a shot as a bore cleaner if it will help with copper fouling. I won't let it near the action any longer, but have no problem with it if it works well to clean a barrel. Then again, it took a while to remove all traces of it from my CZ and I don't want to go back to that cluster-**** again. Froglube on the rails turned a fine operating weapon into a mess. No matter how many times I polished the rails dry, they would feel sticky when I cycled the weapon after a few days.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I still have a bunch of Froglube from when I gave it a try and was not sure with what I was going to do with it. I might give it a shot as a bore cleaner if it will help with copper fouling. I won't let it near the action any longer, but have no problem with it if it works well to clean a barrel. Then again, it took a while to remove all traces of it from my CZ and I don't want to go back to that cluster-**** again. Froglube on the rails turned a fine operating weapon into a mess. No matter how many times I polished the rails dry, they would feel sticky when I cycled the weapon after a few days.

It is cool the way it removes copper fouling. But there are other products that do that as well. I tried it more out of curiosity than anything else, but next time I clean the two rifles I used it on, I'm going back to to my old fashioned ways.

jzdank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2015
    Chesterton
    What is some of the better stuff regarding colder weather? I don't remember what I used but once I had handwarmers on each side of my shotgun receiver then a hat around those, just to keep the action running. It was something like -2 that day.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Im a sucker for cleaning and gun oils, Ive tried just about all of em.

Mobil1 gets it done!! for lube, Ballistol for cleaner.

Frog lube seems like a good product, I've only used the paste.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Im a sucker for cleaning and gun oils, Ive tried just about all of em.

Mobil1 gets it done!! for lube, Ballistol for cleaner.

Frog lube seems like a good product, I've only used the paste.

The most common lube I use is a mix of Mobil 1 oil, Mobil 1 ATF and a bit of STP to add a bit of viscosity. The ATF has a very good detergent package and makes a decent cleaner/lube by itself.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I've used frog lube paste and any guns I've used it to clean and lubricate haven't given me a single issue.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'm on the slip 2000 bandwagon after a poor experience with Fire clean (very similar to FL). While I can't 100% blame the fire clean, I had an AR refuse to fire in cold weather. While I really liked the cleaning aspect of Fire clean, I think Slip or a more conventional lube method will probably provide better protection/ reliability.

Top Bottom