• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    A 1941 is on my list of someday rifles. I remember seeing an ad from the early 50's that was reprinted in the GCA journal that had 1941s going for $10-$15.Talk about an investment.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Too bad it isn't still in military configuration, as a sporterized rifle I don't think it is worth the starting price unless there is providence that Johnson himself did the mods. There is a nice original on GB at $3800 no reserve

Jimbo Kern

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    I was about to make a point about how $15 in 1941 is equivalent to more than $200 today... but then I realized we were talking about a 4K rifle.

Stretched over 70 years, that equates to roughly a 5% annual return.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    The front sight is correctable. There is a gentleman in TX that makes a lot of parts for them. He can also do the work to return them to military condition.

A company called Winfield Arms bought a bunch of M1941s from the Dutch in the late 50s, then resold them through ads in the American Rifleman. I am going out on a limb, but it's my guess that most of the M1941 Johnsons out there now are rifles that passed through Winfield Arms. Some were sold in military configuration, but a lot of those Winfield Arms rifles were "sporterized" to some degree. They would often change the front sight and remove the bayonet lug, and/or replace the stock with one that had a slightly different shape with a recoil pad. Unlike some sporterizings, it's usually fixable. Or at least it can be made to look right if not original. Even if not original, it would be better off than it was (IMHO).
    On the other hand, there are some pretty hacked up M1941 Johnsons out there too.

Top Bottom