8. Examiner: China Watkins

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Ugh... I checked on my Form 4 (suppressor, trust) from early April, and they said it could be another month. They were nice, and very helpful, but that wasn't what I wanted to hear LOL

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Called to check the status on my sbr (check cashed may 17th). Agent stated he couldn't find it in the system?

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Called to check the status on my sbr (check cashed may 17th). Agent stated he couldn't find it in the system?

Based on your post I called to check on a pair of mine.
    Agent was correct when she said my payment was deducted April 19 and mine was pending. She also stated that they were in the middle of finalizing April's paperwork. So I might have it by new year and you by valentine's day.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Based on your post I called to check on a pair of mine.
    Agent was correct when she said my payment was deducted April 19 and mine was pending. She also stated that they were in the middle of finalizing April's paperwork. So I might have it by new year and you by valentine's day.

Whats odd is, august I received a call from atf to clarify the manufacturer (was a self made 80% lower I milled).
    In oct. I contacted atf re: a trust issue, and discovered the pending date was 05/26.
    I'm confused on how i had a pending date in october, but now 2 months later I am not even in the system anymore.
    I explained all of this and the agent just kept repeating 'sorry sir I am not showing it in our system'

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Whats odd is, august I received a call from atf to clarify the manufacturer (was a self made 80% lower I milled).
    In oct. I contacted atf re: a trust issue, and discovered the pending date was 05/26.
    I'm confused on how i had a pending date in october, but now 2 months later I am not even in the system anymore.
    I explained all of this and the agent just kept repeating 'sorry sir I am not showing it in our system'

Called for the first time the Friday before Thanksgiving week just for the hell of it. Lady told me "nothing in the system, must have been an issue." Thought oh crap..Both Trust, Form 1 & 4.....Today called with specific check cashed date ....yup it's on the system, didn't even need the date as suggested the first time. The name Gail sound familiar?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    It's the ATF, stop trying to make sense of it... you know better! lol

Called for the first time the Friday before Thanksgiving week just for the hell of it. Lady told me "nothing in the system, must have been an issue." Thought oh crap..Both Trust, Form 1 & 4.....Today called with specific check cashed date ....yup it's on the system, didn't even need the date as suggested the first time. The name Gail sound familiar?

I kinda chalk it up to 'just my luck', and glad to hear the responses.
    Sorry, my first tax stamp, and it's close to approval (based on nfa tracker graphs)... I'm just nervous, and will try again next week. It is very odd that twice before I'm obviously 'in the system' but now I am not. Govt red tape... and hopefully that's all it is.
    I do realize they are way in over their heads with applications.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Just to provide some balance here, it appears the NFA Branch is now working on Saturdays...

NFA item: Dead Air Mask -22 HD
    2. Form type: Form 4
    3. Transforee type: NFA Trust
    4. Form sent: 4/6/2016
    5. Card charged: 4/12/2016
    6. Approval Date: 11/26/2016
    7. Received date: 12/2/2016
    8. Examiner Name: Illegible

This was my first NFA experience, and it was relatively painless (other than the cost/time). Also, my form did include an actual stamp.

IMG_0209.jpg

Last edited:

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    NFA item: Bowers VERS45 suppressor
    Form type: Form 4
    Transferee type: Trust
    Check Cashed: 4/6/2016
    Approval Date: 11/16/2016
    Received Date: 12/1/2016
    Examiner Name: Illegible

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Called Tuesday on a cashed check in mid may and was told on April at this time. The lady said it should be mid Jan for my form 4 on a trust.

Top Bottom