NewYork - California style taxation coming to Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Jesus, this is worse than the taxes in The People's Republic of ILL that pushed me back home.

I know that this doesn't affect me directly, but Indy is on the same list as Chi of places that won't see a dime of my disposable income.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Jesus, this is worse than the taxes in The People's Republic of ILL that pushed me back home.

I know that this doesn't affect me directly, but Indy is on the same list as Chi of places that won't see a dime of my disposable income.

The other thing is that if Indy gets away with this, next is Fort Wayne, Bloomington, etc, etc...

Then comes the whole state. The same as the school referendums that never get voted down these days.

:n00b:

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    "This is a critical tool to help downtown thrive and attract new residents and businesses,” Osili said in written remarks.

Charging people and businesses huge new fees, and opening a new homeless shelter nearby will help attract residents and businesses???

1699620237230.png

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2022
    Mccordsville
    "This is a critical tool to help downtown thrive and attract new residents and businesses,” Osili said in written remarks.

Charging people and businesses huge new fees, and opening a new homeless shelter nearby will help attract residents and businesses???

View attachment 311043
    I just spent the last weekend in Kalamazoo, Michigan at the Hilton downtown off Rose Street. The entire hotel is locked down 24x7 and you need a key card to get in. If you haven't a card because you haven't checked in yet, well you have to wait outside until someone let's you in. We had over 40 people with us staying here, each arriving at various times and inconvenienced in the same manner. Why because that put a homeless shelter just up the street next to McDonald's and believe it or not when the shelter is full or when a guest becomes unruly they kick them out. Guess where they go after that? They stay in the area around McDonald's and the hotel and depending their mental state the risk to others in the area is sigifucantly increased to robbery, being knifed or just harassed. We spent many thousands of dollars there for this event, but we all decided that we will not be back due to this plight and risk to our people. Shelters, free or even reduced housing and even the welfare state only reduces the quality and reduces economic growth of an area and is nothing more than a falicy that it will improve the plight in a community. Throwing money or new opportunities towards those who don't want it or aren't willing to abid by the same rules that you and I live by are part the reason they're there in the first place. We need to understand when helping hurts and when you're not willing to help yourself the burden should not fall upon the taxpayers.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The other thing is that if Indy gets away with this, next is Fort Wayne, Bloomington, etc, etc...

Then comes the whole state. The same as the school referendums that never get voted down these days.

:n00b:
    Three towns up here just voted down referendums.

Looks like 5 of 12 state wide failed.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New fees will be distributed to machine loyal non profits, in turn these organizations will "get out" the vote to support the machine. It's an endless feedback loop which the blue lever legion maintains.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Below is from 2022. Apparently 'public-private partnerships' can be translated as 'taxing the people more.' How about this... Pay for your own ****ing stadium!! Hell, we're still paying a penny on the dollar for the Hoosier Dome. The dome left, the tax stayed. Go figure.

“The project would be a public-private partnership with the city and state taking the lead on financing,” writes IBJ. The city and state financing would apply mainly to the stadium, with Keystone Corp. developing the retail space, office building, hotel, and apartments.

The city of Indianapolis is expected to provide tax incentives or other financing to help fill gaps in funding.

The original price tag was $550 million but has jumped to over $1 billion due to inflation and design changes.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Three towns up here just voted down referendums.

Looks like 5 of 12 state wide failed.
    Funny how none of the cuts mentioned by the lake county school spokesperson had the word administration grouped with the word cuts.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom