• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is a fine example of what most people who support 'liberal' candidates don't want to admit, particularly to themselves. Their candidates, who present the image of 'caring' about their well-being in truth do not care about their well-being, but rather care about controlling every aspect of their lives.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I completely disagree with government interference and restrictions of things like this. These kinds of things should be addressed by the hospital and policies should be implemented. Whether they are handled adequately or not..I don't know..sometimes I feel like they aren't. It's a problem. Seems like any yahoo is able to waltz in and receive IV Dilaudid. People come in claiming oral narcotics do nothing for them and they need IV forms...it's a problem. I don't really understand it. What the criteria is for certain decisions to be made...yeah this is another thing the government really doesn't need to be sticking its nose in, how about they worry about a budget plan for once or something..but yeah, this is an issue I'd love to hear from people like hoosierdoc on..because man I just don't understand it sometimes.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I completely disagree with government interference and restrictions of things like this. These kinds of things should be addressed by the hospital and policies should be implemented. Whether they are handled adequately or not..I don't know..sometimes I feel like they aren't. It's a problem. Seems like any yahoo is able to waltz in and receive IV Dilaudid. People come in claiming oral narcotics do nothing for them and they need IV forms...it's a problem. I don't really understand it. What the criteria is for certain decisions to be made...yeah this is another thing the government really doesn't need to be sticking its nose in, how about they worry about a budget plan for once or something..but yeah, this is an issue I'd love to hear from people like hoosierdoc on..because man I just don't understand it sometimes.

:+1: It is a shame I can't rep you again! You are exactly right. All systems are flawed, some more so than others. Addicts will invent most any lie to get their next fix. When the government invites itself into the issue, you can rest assured that nothing about it will work for anyone.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Hmmm... We have people who are hooked on legal pain killers. Let's criminalize them so more drug dealers can make more money and create more chaos. Sounds legit.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hmmm... We have people who are hooked on legal pain killers. Let's criminalize them so more drug dealers can make more money and create more chaos. Sounds legit.

They should be banned until personal responsibility is implemented and people no longer are allowed access to the social safety net. Because a few would abuse it, no one should have a right to prescription pain killers. They're not a "right" guaranteed in the constitution.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Bloomberg thinks he was elected king. I can't believe a city would allow someone like him to dictate every aspect for their lives.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Bloomberg thinks he was elected king. I can't believe a city would allow someone like him to dictate every aspect for their lives.

The aspect you miss is that Bloomberg represents the actual values of a typical Manhattanite. Smug, economically advantaged, know-it-alls who without question know better how to run your life and spend your money than you do, you rube.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Seems like a reasonable action to me. Those drug seekers that are inundating the Emergency Rooms are sticking tax payers with the bill. Prescription drug abuse is a horrible problem, much more prevalent than meth.

Yes these opiate addicts will turn to street drugs like heroin when they cannot get the prescriptions, but they are using that during shortages anyway.

I prefer the route Kentucky went to address this. Doctors there are required to check the RX registry before writing a RX for a commonly abused medication.

We have the same system in Indiana, but some Doctors are too lazy to check, others are too crooked. You can see which are the bad doctors really fast. They will have a high patient load of people taking pain pills and benzos, and they require all of their patients to come in monthly. That way the Doc can charge medicaid/medicare for the office visits, and in return the legal druggie gets their pills.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I didn't see anyone congratulate Mayor Bloomberg on being consistent at least.

He hates illegal gun ownership and supports restricting the rights of law abiding citizens to be able to access them and own them.

He hates illegal drug use and supports restricting the rights of law abiding citizens to have to endure more pain to keep them out of the hand of people who break the law.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    They will get their fix anyways, so all this is doing is putting people with real chronic pain into a life with little relief. Here's a little secret, a trip to the dollar store and a bottle of cough syrup will get you everything you need to make narcotics that make oxycontin a joke.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    After the murders of 4 people in a pharmacy about 20 miles from my house in 2011, there has been a huge movement to control doctor patient relations. When my mother died last May, my physician prescribed me about a week's worth of valium to help me cope with the conflagration of events going on at that time. I practically had to get tsa'd just to fill the prescription. I'm sure glad I'm not some stage 4 cancer patient with real need of pain management.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

This is a load of crap of the highest level.

I drive people every day who are disabled. Some of those I have met with severe pain issues have a hard time getting around. Many are low income and burdened with a simple $1 or $2 of a copay.

It isn't like they can drop everything and JUST go out to get a refill.

It isn't common but there are people in moderate to severe pain every day of every week of every year. To burden these people with the need to go twice or three times a week just to get refills is cruel, malicious and evil.

I will be so very glad when Mayor Bloomberg is out of office and out of politics!

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom